PDA

View Full Version : Cinnibar Palm

Pakmei
01-15-2002, 05:20 AM
Hi Guys,

Anyone in here heard of the 'Cinnibar Palm' technique?

I believe that it is a Shaolin skill that was developed by the monks to be able to counter the Shaolin Iron Shirt.

I'm interested in seeing if anyone else knows any more information regarding the cinnibar palm.

I'm currently studying Shaolin Nei Jin 'Qi Gong' otherwise known as the Shaolin Iron Shirt @ college as part of my Acupuncture and Tui Na degree course.

My Qi Gong instructor @ the college mentioned about the cinnibar palm but never actually went into it very deeply.

So if anyone out there knows of some information that they want to share.... then please feel free to post your answer.

Cheers guys

Dave

Ray Pina
01-15-2002, 08:39 AM
I would say ask your teacher, they like that, initiative.

As for the iron shirt I never heard of that palm but know there are ways to get past it, namely doubling up your strikes. Not in the hoakie, hit you with my finger, then knuckle, then wrist -- I'm not down with that mentality, I let my strikes go -- but simply doubling them up, or violently controling your aponant, and simply breaking.

No_Know
02-01-2002, 07:59 PM
Cinnabar palm is supposedly a skill in which the trainee rubs both palms over a basin of sand when the sand moves there is at least some success. The rubbing of the palms later can aggect people at a distance.