PDA

View Full Version : 3 sacred methods of taichi

EARTH DRAGON
01-15-2002, 10:51 AM
1. method of the mind, to clear the mind and look inward. You can think of this as one looks into a mirror natural and calm

2. the body this includes the four limbs and the body and big and small mundras. Think of your body in total relaxation while receiving qi from the universe, allow the qi in your body to move freely through the meridians and collaterals

3. mouth mantras , remember the concept of many mouths both external and internal with your organs and your body allow the true qi to resonate.....

does anyone have anything to add to this? or a differint undersatanding of non polar emulating the conditions before pre- bigbang methods?

Water Dragon
01-15-2002, 11:15 AM
1. Do not allow the opponent to apply his force to your body.
2. Do not allow the opponent a way to evade your force
3. Apply your force with brutality

guohuen
01-15-2002, 01:04 PM
" Mouth Mantras". That's new to me. I like that. I'm going to have to think about that for a while.

shaolinboxer
01-15-2002, 01:11 PM
"Apply your force with brutality"

Really? That doesn't seem to fit.

taijiquan_student
01-15-2002, 01:18 PM
Just 'cause the effect on the opponent is brutal doesn't mean you have to be stiff or use brute strength.

EARTH DRAGON
01-15-2002, 01:33 PM
Yes I do belive we have gotten off track, the thread is the explaination of useing tai chi to realize the unification of man and the universe or cosmic energy to combine inorder to create infinate power for both medical and martial application.

Not for a set of rules or theories to apply that defeat opponents.
I am talking about universal chi and the methods in which to connect to it. I would love to have some opinons from others that have set this as a long term /short term or lifelong goal

Repulsive Monkey
01-15-2002, 02:57 PM
Invest in loss.

Stacey
01-15-2002, 07:00 PM
interesting.

High shen levels are a product of simple, healthy living and daily prayer. It may sound corny, but I find it to be true from a number of traditions.

ED. What does you Chi Kung Master say about shen and attuning yourself with the universe?

Stacey
01-15-2002, 07:02 PM
interesting.

High shen levels are a product of simple, healthy living and daily prayer. It may sound corny, but I find it to be true from a number of traditions.

ED. What does you Chi Kung Master say about shen and attuning yourself with the universe?

PS. I gave you lots of crap a while back, but I do that to all the Tai Chi teachers on this board. I try to see if they practice what they preace and truly have daoist hearts. You were unconditionally nice in spite of anger and ill feeling. So you ok in my book. Sorry for the inconvenience. Just trying to see past the persona.

EARTH DRAGON
01-15-2002, 08:22 PM
stacy, no problem, I have had to prove myself to many people on this board partially becuse I advertise my school with every post for the world to see and of coarse that leaves me open to all kinds of things both good and bad buy on these boards mostly bad.And also in my posts I try to present myself in a proper fashion as I am sure many of my students/ parents are on these boards but aside form that I have been training for many years and I must have something worthwhile to show for it even though some of my training is a little higher level than what is disscussed here I do enjoy corrospoding with many people out here and learning new things from people that are far better than me. For it is humbleness that makes you honest and no matter how much I learn my shrfu makes realize that I only know a little........

Nexus
01-15-2002, 10:05 PM
1. Shut Up
2. Be Still
3. Listen

kungfu cowboy
01-15-2002, 10:25 PM
How do you know when you are attuned to the universe? Does a special bell ring?

Nexus
01-16-2002, 10:38 AM
No, thats the dinner bell.

Water Dragon
01-16-2002, 12:17 PM
LOL

bamboo_ leaf
01-16-2002, 12:24 PM
1 relax
2 don't use force
3 don't lean

EARTH DRAGON
01-16-2002, 05:16 PM
I think what I am getting at is the ability to first learn the set,
second, play the set in conjunction self culitivated chi, third use the set and connect to the universal chi where man and the cosmic energy fuse together. this takes you to a level of oneness where by then you can resonate and combine to create infinate power either for healing or for martial reasons. I am just curoius if anyone else has these goals in mind when they are practcing tai chi

Water Dragon
01-16-2002, 05:40 PM
No I don't. I don't think it's a bad goal though. My opinion is, if that's what you are looking for, Yoga or religion will do a better job of getting you there quicker. Why waste your time and effort on Martial Arts when there are more efficient ways of achieving that goal?

EARTH DRAGON
01-16-2002, 09:27 PM
I think it would be counter productive to try to reach any goal by switching paths. i once talked with a guy who did shotokan for 28 years I asked if he like it and he said yes but I have found many other styles that I liked better, I said then why havent you switched? he said why waste 28 years of learning only to switch to learning all over again. While it is true I will probally never get close to my ultimate goal I did have wonderful experience the first time I felt chi. I have gone on to levels of healing with qigong and have had many patients that have had positive results so I guess the more I learn the more I want and to tap into universal chi just for a second for me would be like nirvanna.

blacktaoist
01-17-2002, 10:08 PM
My Experience in Shen methods is a internal practitioner should have no thought , no analysis, no intention or cultivation. A internal practitioner should let the universal chi settle itself."

We this in mind a internal practitioner can begin to develop their skills, by first forming a foundation based on the development of their spirit.

When a internal practitioner learn to fill their body with spirit and reach a point where the internal style their practicing is doing them as mush as their doing the style. At this level your form is formless."Yet your spirit must have substance, and your form will be similar to the substance of your spirit. Very rarely does a internal practitioner reach this Shun level of practice.

But many external practitioners belief is Shen methods is a bogus phenomenon. As my Yin Style Ba Gua teacher would tell me , I now will tell you:

Don't just practice Kung fu with just thoughts of tissue and bones."

Peace.

wisdom mind
01-18-2002, 03:05 PM
I HAVE FELT THAT FORM BEING FORMLESS STATE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT SIFU. I HAVE YET TO FIGHT WITH IT BUT WHEN I DO I FEEL THAT MY OPPONENTS WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH ALOT MORE THAN JUST HANDS AND FEET...LOL

I WOULD DESCRIBE THE STATE AS BEING TOTALLY AWARE OF YOUR POWER AND BEING ABLE TO MANIPULATE IT THROUGH KUNG FU MOVEMENTS. IT FEELS LIKE THE ENTIRE BEING IS BURSTING WITH ENERGY....OR I COULD JUST BE BUGGIN LOL

I CANT WAIT TO SCRAP WITH THIS IN USE.++

AIGHT

EARTH DRAGON
01-18-2002, 03:26 PM
Many years ago when I was fighting with my sensei in his backyard we were in the middle of throwing blows, he then put his arm up in the sky like a lightning rod and when I came at him I heard a crack sound and the bottom of his foot was touching my nose. I never saw it move and could not react, only to say stop wait a minute where did that come from? he said I dont know but I dont think I could do it again.

He later explained to me that when you are in your peak and you open up you allow the energy from past masters to pass through you like conducting electricity! I looked at him like yea right for I was young and naive and had no idea what he was talking about.

15 years later I am practicing tai chi and this feeling comes over me that made me hot , dizzy and lightheaded. I could not figure out what it was but when I looked at my shrfu she smlied and said you feel? I said what feel, she said moon and stars chi come touch...... I have never felt that since but I am trying, and when I said that I was trying to my shrfu, she said that if I try I never feel again. She says no try it come again, try to own you never feel.............

obviously very chinese and you know its rude to ask what they are talking about becuse they just answer keep practicing

Stacey
01-18-2002, 05:15 PM
Karate folks are all about that crap.. Talked to a guy today who said he can "immobilize" people with a hissing sound.

I think he put his hand up, you looked up accordingly, so he kicked you.

dfedorko@mindspring.com
02-01-2002, 04:11 PM
Earth Dragon -

I didn't think there was anything sacred anymore but I agree with your post. But what concerned me was what you meant? Where you talking about Tai Chi in general terms or Qigong??

xiaotiema