PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: legend

apoweyn
01-15-2002, 11:32 AM
hey legend,

i noticed in the yellow pages that carl runk has a school in alexandria. you ever out that way?

stuart b.

Ralek
01-15-2002, 11:34 AM
Well. I've been out there a few times but i don't teach there. Just visited a few times.

LEGEND
01-15-2002, 11:51 AM
I'm at the FAIRFAX location my friend...I've never been out to the Alexandria one. Our grappling program comes and goes unfortunately...meaning we have students that show up and disappear within a month. I occasionally train on WEDNESDAY with YAMASAKI's BJJ in Olympus GYM in ALEXANDRIA( edsal rd ). Really technical guys. But hey...if u want to do some standup( boxing/thai boxing ) u can train one on one with MIKE ACCOSTA...he teaches in Fairfax and is a hell of a fighter. I learned to box/muy thai under him. Great guy and hell of a friend. He can go light or hard...depending on your experience...he welcomes the training cause he's trying to do some more standup tourneys and need partners. U would not be treated as a student...u will be treated as a training partner.

Ralek
01-15-2002, 11:54 AM
I'm not really LEGEND. I was just pretending to be him to create uncertainty.

apoweyn
01-15-2002, 11:57 AM
cheers legend. i may do that sometime. i'd really like to get some more training done this year than i did in the past year. just have to reconcile it with a lot of other big aspirations (getting married and getting into a master's program).

still, it'd be cool to meet sometime. maybe i'll just take the trip out to fairfax sometime. i live in maryland, as you know. but i'm in alexandria (where my girlfriend and most of my friends live) the majority of the time these days.

take care.

stuart b.

apoweyn
01-15-2002, 11:57 AM
yeah ralek. you really panicked me for a moment there.

i don't understand you. and i should probably be thankful for that.

stuart b.

LEGEND
01-15-2002, 12:12 PM
Stuart congratulations bro! Well so much for your martial art days...LOL. But nah...yeah it's pretty far from where u live...I wouldn't recommend it unless u're sparring for a tourney or something...then it would be good to train with MIKE...I don't do the boxing sparring very well since i'm a grappler( at 140lbs ) but I try.

apoweyn
01-15-2002, 12:23 PM
thanks mate. :)

well, beth's a runner. ran the marine corps marathon in dc a couple of years back. so she's got training goals too. i don't fear for my martial arts training.

now computer games and kung fu movies. THOSE might be in jeopardy.

[grin]

stuart b.

Merryprankster
01-15-2002, 03:29 PM
Legend:

We need to meet sometime. Were you at the last Fighter's Garage Tournament?

Sorry Ap! Not trying to hijack your thread!

apoweyn
01-15-2002, 03:33 PM
it's cool. it's a 'get to know ya' thread anyway, right?

stuart b.