PDA

View Full Version : Attn:Playing Mantis and China Village

NorthernMantis
01-15-2002, 10:12 PM
Well I've wasted my time long enough posting about this situation.

First of all let me correct some misconceptions before I refer to both of you personally.

You both think that I have backed down from my own challenge since I haven't been online in a while.There are 3 main reasons why I haven't been on the board.

1)I didn't want to go ahead with any challenge with out making sure that it was ok with my sifu for the reason being that I didn't want to fight without my sifu knowing or to tarnish my schools image.I put my school in front of my needs.other people would have gone againts it without thinking foward.If it was some situation on the street it would be different so don't start with the mocking.CV that post was funny but I'm not a little child, I did what I thought was right.Traditionally it's not wise to go fight behind your sifu's back.

2)Hua Lin my older kung fu brother asked me not to post in that thread anymore ,I was going to open up a new thread but never did.Hua Lin is my senior so he has authority over me so I just followed orders.

Obviously you two do not know anything about proper etiquette.

3)I was practicing kung fu or doing other stuff.

I never backed down from any challenge.

Playing Mantis-

I received word from my sifu and she said that I can go ahead with it if I was serious but it's better not to waste my time since it does not affect my life.The challenge is still left open however.Since you live in Ohio it's not going to happen anytime soon but if you ever come to south florida you can contact me at shaolin96@hotmail.com or call (number now is with held,must e-mail for number)---be nice when you call I'm living with my family.Now you have to people to fight since you challenged Hua Lin also.

You didn't post your what I asked but you were smart not to since you know you would have gotten into a lot of trouble.Not only that you hide behind a screen name.I think it is
cowardly when people don't use their real names, and especially so for martial artists, who are supposed to be learning courage so I will post my info when you didn't.

Most people know me as andrew but my real name is Alvaro Andres Aragon so you can call me by either way.I have practiced wah lum tam tui northern praying mantis kung fu currently for about roughly 4 years and nine months.My first sifu was sifu Mimi Chan and I have trained under many sifu's and instructors under the style (too many to list on this thread, I'll save that for stacy's:D ) with Hua Lin being one of them and I currently study under sifu Shelly Durrel Huang.

Styles that I have sparred or semi sparred with using my kung fu:

Western boxing,wrestling(highschool),tae kwon do,2 types of kenpo (One was Villaris[sp?] I think)JWT or Hua Lin if you see this can you confirm these two styles?One was white tiger and the other was claled golden dragon,also 7 star mantis,maybe hung ga but I'm not too sure,hap ki do,regular guy who knows nothing fu (hey what else would you call it :p ) and little kid fu when they punch you in the family jewels and laugh,hung sing choy lay fut,yang style tai chi,yang style tai chi (does push hands count?
) of the yang chen fu lineage

Styles that were used on me for demonstrative purposes or that I was smacked around with or touched hands with:
Notrthern eagle claw (not Lau family though),wing chun,karate (don't know what type),ba gua, another type of ba gua (not sure if was traditional but the guy was fast),some other type of eagle claw but the guy didn't know his lineage,chin na (is this considered a style or technique?),dragon,tiger and leopard from hung ga,

Styles that I barely got to experince or seen up close:

Hsing yi,southern mantis,hung fut,bak mei (only two techniques were sued on me),liu he ba fa (I saw like only one application and that was it although I have seen my sifu perform on video),plum flower mantis,jeet kune do.

Styles that I came close to sparring or I have a connection to:

Jijitsu,some type of grappling,my mom took judo when she was small but I don't think that count's,cousin claims he did ninjistu (
:D ) and did karate.I have a cousin that did jeet kune do but since he didn't know what it was he called it free style karate.Two of my best buds do wu shu.

Wow I didn't know I'd gone through all that and that's just in the past 2 years!

Anyway as I was saying I haven't backed away from anything.You have all the info on me now what's yours since your so tough?

NorthernMantis
01-15-2002, 10:12 PM
China Village-

So far though all I have learned is that some Praying Mantis practitioners talk $hit and then back out (at least that's what I've learned from you in this thread).

I haven't backed out from nothing and excuse me for defending my style.Obviously you have no idea what's going on.The only thing you have done from the first post is throw insults.

First of all Pong Lai stated that wah lum people can't fight.I got mad and said oh yeah come down and find out.Notice I never said I.I meant that he come down and try out how well wah lum guys can fight.

It was my fault for not specifying clearly.There's nothing wrong with backing out , even if I did.Acknowledging that someone's kung fu is better than your is not backing out and it's not a bad thing either.You have a lot to learn a bout Chinese customs and kung fu etiquette my friend, it'different from the Japanese background that you have in jiu jitsu.

. Another inch taller, and you'll be able to ride the tea cups at Disney Land....... Oh, and

That size will not hinder my fighting ability.I know a certain sifu who is smaller than I am and could mop the floor with you.Don't think just because I have a smaller frame I cannot fight or that I can't take what people dish out at me.

However, they all did agree that you were incredibly tall. :confused: :confused:

I stumbled upon this thread and saw all you guys bickering about who taught who what So what else is new?It sad but true it's common in most schools these days.

. It seems to me though that Northern Mantis (among others) were taking insults out of simple questions.
I think you need to be informed in this part.Not all but there are some people who hold ill will to our style and teachers.Not long ago a huge disute involving my style was o these boeards and it got so bad that wah lum authorities had called a stop to it.It's not visible but some ex wah lum memebers throw bitter sweet questions at you that seem innocent but it's a stab at the same time sort to speak.You can't see it cause you're not in wah lum.The people who do so seek to frustrate beginners who have no idea about these politics and attack our style (which is a very low thing to do I might add) .However there was none of that in this thread.I answered all the questions I could with the best of my ablity and as calmly as possible.Just read and you will see what I mean.You mistook this for another thread.

I found it really funny that Northern Mantis was issuing all of these challenges, boasting about his 4 and 1/2 years of experience and 124 pounds of "pure muscle".
I work my butt off almost every day buddy.Just ask some of my kung fu family and you will see what I mean.My exprerience is wtritten above.

I was not boasting.I just had confidence and if that offends you then that's you're problem.I'm not over confident cause I'm not stupid.I have used my kung fu in differnt situations and they have worked for me but I know my limits.I have seen real street fights on the streets of Colombia so I know what works and what doesn't.

I also found it funny that he kept taking his challenges back or "re-routing" them to other more experienced fighters

That's a lie I never re-reouted anything.You just misunderstood.See above.

I had alot of respect for Hau Lin on this thread (because he was giving answers not insults)

Give me an example when I insulted someone on this thread other than PM?. don't throw insults.I only repond when someone does it to me.

There is a saying "a martial artist is humble but not submissive"

until he started defending Northern Mantis and his "hot Columbian blood

1)It was a joke but obvioulsy you couldn't see it since you were too busy looking for a reason to fight.

2)Don't you know that kung fu family stick together?He was actually more correcting other people than defending.

Don't you guys find it funny that somebody with 4 and 1/2 years experience thinks so highly of himself as to challenge people who he has no idea of their skill or experience.

Wrong.Playing Mantis has dabbled in modern wu shu (the sport/dance/watered down kung fu) [no offense to wu shu people as I know you do train in traditional stuff in your later years).

The PRC (Peoples Republic of communist China) has said many times.They are promoting modern wu shu as a sport and not a martial art.Even modern wu shu athletes admit that it's not for fighting.

(More balls than brains I guess). So I created this logon to take a few cheap shots at him

Yeah that shows what kind of a person and a martial artist you are.Playing Mantis came in insulting everyone and backe out from Pong Lai as you put it,insulted others and challenged my si hing.May be you are the one who should rethink being in kung fu.That type of stuff is not welcmoed.

Why? because I knew he would respond

Funny, I thought I was gone most of the time.

Personally I think it's kind of funny I tottally agree

I just spoofed one of his challenges

You have no idea why I asked him to do that do you?I knew that hsi school or coach wouldn't allow it since it reflects on the school.I knew that if that got out he would jave a sttern lecture and stop his trolling.

I never asked anything personal like his social security number.You made that up not me.
I found it really funny that he tried to counsel me, and let me know that I was making my coach lose face

I didn't try to councel you.I assumed that you also were in his wu shu school so I said coach instead of a sensei.

Especially since that's what he's been doing this entire thread
Yeah I'm sure disscussing about my styles history and responding with the best intent is sure a bad thing:rolleyes: CV if you want to argue then read and get your facts straight.

I wish you all the best, Even you Northern Mantis

I wish you the best too.Even though you have accussed me of things I didn't do.

cha kuen
01-16-2002, 01:57 AM
This post shouldn't even be here.

You three, if it really meant much to you, should meet up, talk about it and touch hands in a safe manner. ( not fight)

WHoever said " wah lum people can't fight" shouldn't have said that in the first place, regardless if it's true or not.

AND, what does chan poi think of this?

Does he know about this? And if he does, I doubt he even cares for this small talk online.

Whatever style you train, there's always going to be people that against your style. Some may talk trash about tai chi saying it will never work. Some will say that southern mantis' people stick their heads out too far and get hit easily. Some may say wing chun people can't fight in non sticking situations. Some may say choy lay fut can't fight at close range. Some may not agree with the structure of wing chun. Some may not like northern shaolin and say its only for long range. blah blah blah.

who cares, it doesn't affect your life anyways, move on.. train on....

Hua Lin Laoshi
01-16-2002, 09:45 AM
cha kuen
Master Chan is aware of the comments made on this forum and who is making them. Talk is cheap. Maybe we need a new forum for rumors, challenges and bashing? :)

I propose we all stick to the topic of the thread with at least one comment in each post. New posts should be of a technical or historical nature. Since there is little censorship here it's up to us to voluntarily keep the standard up and ignore useless rantings that don't benefit anyone.

SaMantis
01-16-2002, 12:41 PM
cha kuen,

all true. actually the comment I heard from Sifu Mimi was, if you have time to go online and get into this discussion, you're not practicing enough. :D

So I guess I'd better go practice. :(

Peace everyone,

Sam

PlayingMantis
01-21-2002, 03:16 PM
Northern Pigmy Mantis: 5'4 is only tall if your a girl... wait no.....that is still really short......
"hot Columbian blood": We americans call that cocaine......
I don't use my hot Swedish blood as a crutch to excuse my actions. My challenge to Pong Lai was in jest (that means I was joking). I cannot believe your teacher would allow you to fight me. What if I arrived with a posse or simply a gun. Your "pure muscle" cannot stop a bullet Mr. man of steel. Wait superman was not 5'4.....I mean my oompalumpian friend. If you still want to fight me over petty words....a) your pathetic b) you are pretty full of yourself. Because I have watched many Power Rangers episodes and I am well versed in Fighting intergallactic threats, I don't think you can compare even with you vast street fighting observations. Oh and just because I partake in Wushu, that does not mean thats all I do.....Let's just say I have something in common with Mr. T....and its not just the hairdo and its more than skin deep.

China Village: Twinkies....you sound like the perfect match for FattyOak....

Brad
01-21-2002, 04:47 PM
5'4 is only tall if your a girl... wait no.....that is still really short......
Many of the top male wushu athletes in the world are "short" compared the average American. In fact, one of the best I've ever seen was only 4'11".

I mean my oompalumpian friend. If you still want to fight me over petty words....a) your pathetic b) you are pretty full of yourself.
Please stop this childish behavior. You may say you don't represent our school, but Chan Pui is Proffesor An's friend/colleague in the martial arts. He doesn't want you picking fights with students of GM Chan's organization(or anyone else for that matter). How do you think blatently disregarding his wishes makes him feel? If you will email me bradbauman@worldnet.att.net or Josh so we can talk to you in private about why we disaprove of your behavior, apologize to the people you've insulted and promise to discontinue posting this kind of stuff, you'll still be allowed to continue your training and everything can go back to normal. But if not, I'll have to ask you to please leave the school.

NorthernMantis
01-25-2002, 02:21 PM
Ok that's enough

No info = not worth it.

Playing Mantis say hello to my ignore button.

Word of advice:READ clearly and and think clearly beofre posting because your post was so full of mistakes it was 110% ignorant.

Brad-

I want to apologize to you and your coach because I am just as guilty of acting so childish.I am deeply sorry for coninuing such a stupid flame.It takes two to argue.

Please be lenient on PlayingMantis since I a part on this as well.

SaMantis-

all true. actually the comment I heard from Sifu Mimi was, if you have time to go online and get into this discussion, you're not practicing enough.

Please tell sifu Mimi that I got the message very clearly.Also please tell her that I'm sorry for making myself and our style look bad by fighting over foolish things.

Cha kuen-

You're absolutely right

To everyone-

Again I want to apologize for the last time about my actions.

The reason why I haven't posted in a while was becuase I saw SaMantis' comment and I decided that I was going kfo too much instead of practicing so I took a much needed break from posting.After reorganizing my thoughts I am back.:cool:

yu shan
02-06-2002, 09:22 PM
NorthernMantis

Hola mi amigo!
Pedir perdon fue lo mas decente para hacer. Yo creci con muchos hispanos y se de donde vienes. Yo tengo la mala suerte de ser irlandes negro. (Ireland/Spain) Y por el tamano,recuerda que dinamita es un paquete pequeno tambien. Tenemos que reunirnos un dia para comer arroz y habicuelas.
Mantente tranquilo, no enojes a tu maestra. Shrfu Shelly es una Gran Mujer!

Cha Kuen,Hua Lin,SaMantis,
You all possess great qualities, it`s good to see this being handed down to the younger Gong Fu brother.

SaMantis

A fine point by Shrfu Mimi, I personally use KFO as an informative/fun way of relaxing, after a grueling night of training.

SaMantis
02-07-2002, 11:07 AM
yu shan,

thanks for the good words. Actually, in kung-fu years, NorthernMantis has a couple years on me, but I bet my Irish temper could match his columbian temper! :D

I didn't realize you were sifu Leroy's kung-fu brother. From what I've seen of his skill, you must be an excellent martial artist as well! Thanks for your comments and advice.

Train hard,

Sam

yu shan
02-07-2002, 05:13 PM
SaMantis

Yup! I`d have to put my money on the irish temper.

In Wah Lum Leroy was my older Gong fu brother. I had the pleasure of training with him, off and on, since 1990.
Recently, I decided to leave WL, and pursue another style. In the Gong fu world, people have been known to do this, no fault to anyone, just trying to expand my horizons. Since that day it seems like Leroy has been told not to make contact with me. My departure from WL was done with great respect, dignity, and honor. I made sure of this, as I totally respect everyone in that organization,starting at the top! It is a shame that it seems I`ve lost a friend, just because I`m trying to better myself. What do you think?

Unfortunately, my computer is messing up and will be down for a day or so, I look forward to your opinion. Oh yes, do me a favor and high five Big Mike for me, he was always a major help to me on my visits there, you and he both possess good character.

Sorry I got off track of the thread. Peace