PDA

View Full Version : The threat of guns in your life

joedoe
01-15-2002, 11:19 PM
Similar to my other poll, but with better poll options.

How many of you have heard shots fired in anger in your day-to-day life?

diego
01-15-2002, 11:31 PM
it was a freak occurence,at a house party when i was 14,some older dudes and the landlord started to fight,one of the guys had a 22 and shot at the steriod monkey landlord,who started it..while me and my buddy filled up on beer,before everyone ran.
posting on kfo is fun,you sure are interested in this subject,eh.

joedoe
01-16-2002, 12:00 AM
I am just curious.

I also think an indication of how many people are actually affected by the use of guns in their daily lives is more meaningful than stats quoting this, that and the other.

What matters to me in the gun control issue is not how many banks get robbed by people with guns, but how many people in the population are affected by the use of guns.

Now to me, if I hear gunfire, that means I am affected. It means that an element of fear is added to my life because I know guns are being used close enough for me to hear them.

Anyway, vote away :)

Xebsball
01-16-2002, 05:49 AM
I selected the last option, i guess that makes me a PANSY
But i have a bad ass scar on my right arm that i did myself when i was 9 years old.

Frank Exchange
01-16-2002, 06:16 AM
Why would that make you a pansy?

I chose the same option, and was glad to be able to do so.

Xebsball
01-16-2002, 06:28 AM
I wasnt serious on that statement :)

joedoe
01-16-2002, 03:12 PM
ttt

Qi dup
01-16-2002, 03:20 PM
I guess you are interested in guns in uncontroled situations, like on the street? I'd have to chose option #3. I used to go to the shooting range several times a week, but i'm sure that's not what your getting at. Big Truck

Paul
01-16-2002, 03:29 PM
I used to hear gunfire all the time when I lived next to humbolt park in chicago, pretty much on a weekly basis. Nice neighborhood.

Bullets bouncing off the building I lived in, shots being fired in the alley out back, guns being fired out in front on the street. I've seen a car chase with the passenger in the second car leaning out the window shooting.

joedoe
01-16-2002, 03:36 PM
D@mn I screwed up the questions again! What I mean by gunfire is shots fired in anger. You know, shootings, drive bys, that kind of thing.