PDA

View Full Version : Shen-Gong

prana
01-16-2002, 02:03 AM
Does anyone here use "Shen-Gong" or "San-Kung" to practise and be taught forms ? If so, which ex-Martial Artists are used during your training ? What is your opinion of these sorts of training method, and why do you choose to practise this way versus the normal way. Did your introduction include the drinking of 'Fu' ? Do you fear of its site effects on the practitioners mind ?

I dont expect to get many responses, if any at all....

firepalm
01-16-2002, 02:34 AM
If you are talking about Miao San or Sun Gung (probably just different Romanizing), summoning or conjuring up spirits such as Kwan Kung to inhabit your body then I don't realistically think you're going to find anyone on this board that practices that let alone knows of it outside of what they may have picked up on from OUATIC 2 or read in books.

I saw a street performer child years ago in China, that claimed to be summoning spirits in his qigong demo where he drills a hole into a brick with his finger. Most of the peasants fell for it. The kid went into a little trance, shaked a little, muttered a few things then started drilling his finger into the brick. A while after his demo I got my hands on the brick, which was a kind of pallable clay like substance. So my only hands experience was pretty much fraudulent.

As to side effects well if you're deciding to practice then just keep a number handy for a good exorcist.

:rolleyes:

Repulsive Monkey
01-16-2002, 02:47 AM
I always find you Prana to be most intuitive. Only this last week I too have been touched by this and have been looking to find more information in this area too. I have a highly qualified Mantis friend of mine, who knows of but not very personally of a practitioner (and rather illusive aswell as hermetic too) who can conjure up multiple dieties, apparently. I have not wintessed any of this forst hand but it pulls me a little and although he told me the Shen Da/Gong Master is literalyy invisible and hard to find, I still feel a deep itching to seek him out. Maybe its just deep seated curiosty and nothing more. Still if you come across any information at all Prana please direct me to it, as I will you too.

prana
01-16-2002, 07:37 PM
TtT