PDA

View Full Version : New Wing Chun School in Markham, Ontario

WCFighter
01-16-2002, 11:12 AM
www.twc-kungfu.com

old jong
01-18-2002, 06:42 AM
I wish you the best of luck with your school WCFighter.:cool: Les gens sinceres attirent les gens sinceres. :)

black and blue
01-22-2002, 02:17 AM
Nice pics on the site - really good quality, clear photographs.

Errr.... but why, in the tan sau against straight punch pic, are you watching your tan hand? :D

Watch out, fella! You're gonna get smacked by the hand you can't see!!! :D :D :D

WCFighter
01-23-2002, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the encouragement , Jong !

Black and Blue:

THanks for your kind words as well.

You ask why I am facing the Tan Sao hand.

Imagine if you are being attacked by someone with a knife...wouldn't you want to pay attention to it all the time until you have disarmed the person? If he faked a high hook with a knife and then committed a low hook with a knife, the person who doesn't look at the point of contact (attacking limb) but prefers to look instead at the person's face during a tan sao punch would get stabbed . The person who watches the point of contact would notice the first fake and adjust his counterattack to deal with the real lower attack (all the time not needing to look at his face to land a strike)

What we teach is to face the point of contact ( shoulders facing the point of contact and your tan sao on your center line) and punch on the central line . You don't need to look at the head to know where it is, and you can feel the movement in the opponent's other hand through chisao with the hand you are in contact with!

Also the opponent's face would have to go through my fist if he
wanted to hit me with rear hand.

You may or may not agree with this approach, but has worked successfully for us.

There are an infinite number of ways to skin a cat !

All the best on your martial journey !!