PDA

View Full Version : Prodigal Son/ Hop Fu

jun_erh
01-16-2002, 12:11 PM
Sammo Hung's "Prodigal Son" often described as the film that showcases wing chun the best is being remixed!! That is, the original music is being replaced with hip hop. Guys in the beijing opera rapping!! I don't know what else they did to it, only that it is being called "Hop Fu" I'll post again when I find out more, but see the original if you haven't too:D

Mutant
01-16-2002, 12:47 PM
the Prodigal Son is a classic, hope they don't screw it up.
Did the guy who played the opera star in that movie do any other kung fu wing chun films? He was awesome!

jun_erh
01-16-2002, 03:18 PM
I think that was Lam Ching Ying. He's probably been in every kung fu movie you've ever seen!! Either as a stuntman or actor. He was a stuntman for a lot of women because he was sort of small. He was one of Sammo's stunt guys untill his death in 1997.

JasBourne
01-16-2002, 05:37 PM
Prodigal Son to hip-hop - that's SO not going to work. Bleh. Now, "5 Venoms" to hiphop, that's something!

;)

Lam Ching Ying rocks. That guy's kungfu is so cool to watch. Precision city. Does anyone know of any movie in which he plays with butterfly swords or other big knives? I'd love to see that.

Frank Exchange
01-17-2002, 03:31 AM
Lam Ching Ying is the king. Personally, my favourite films of his are the leads he plays in the Mr.Vampire series, and with Sammo Hung in Spooky Encounters. Im a sucker for the kungfu/horror genre!

He also plays a kendo master in "Wong Fei Hung", but I cant remember who else is in it.