PDA

View Full Version : Is Good Gong Fu successful in NHB??

Water Dragon
01-16-2002, 12:14 PM
NHB Tournaments are not limited to the UFC or Pride. There’s actually a big network of local amateur competitions across the country. The caliber of fighters is not the same as UFC, but I think it’s a lot more representative of the fighting population as it exists. I have personally seen a pure boxer win NHB tourneys. I also saw a Karate guy do very well. I haven’t seen any Gong Fu, but there’s no good Gong Fu in my area. (I drive an hour to class). Question: What is the probability that there are Gong Fu guys in these local tourneys competing and winning as we speak?

Xebsball
01-16-2002, 12:21 PM
Dude, i dont know if you acindetaly posted here instead of Merryprankster's thread, but ill answer anyway and ill repost there if needed.

There is indeed probability...
I heard that one of the last times Zulu, who is a well known nhb fighter that does capoeira/street fighting and did a very famous classical fight with Rickson some time ago...
Was defeated by a kung fu fighter, this was last year. The kf guy kicked him and the ropes of the ring broke, he fell down koed.

Ray Pina
01-16-2002, 02:00 PM
I'll tell you this from my experince, the best gung-fu players I know or have met, don't care about NHB. For the most part they are old men who have proven themselves before the title NHB existed, they were just fighting for titles, honor, bragging rights.

In Chinatown NYC, there is a lot of talent. I don't think anyone cares much for those events, but I'm actually training to put this to a rest once and for all. I am confident I'm learning from the best. Not only the UFC, I want to box, fight SanShou, fight Muy Tai as well. A fighter should be able to fight, regardless of the form his attacker takes. Principes are principles.

DragonzRage
01-16-2002, 02:24 PM
"Not only the UFC, I want to box, fight SanShou, fight Muy Tai as well."

LOL! Strong words pal. Easier said than done! Just remember to drop us a line once you get your spot in the UFC. Good luck:D

Water Dragon
01-16-2002, 02:26 PM
;)