PDA

View Full Version : Anaerobic or Aerobic

Ka
01-16-2002, 09:30 PM
I posted one similar on the IMA site,anyway interested in what sort of importance you people place on the training of cardio vascular fittness in relation to Combat(not competition,but happy to discuss that as well).Do you focus on Anaerobic or Aerobic training?Or a balance of the two.
Any comments

ElPietro
01-17-2002, 06:56 AM
I have not found a happy medium yet. But my comment would be that the power you gain from anaerobic training would allow you to strike more powerful blows, but you would tire more easily. So perhaps having more power is useful in an actual fighting situation but without aerobic capacity you will become more tired when training for these situations. So with one you could become a more powerful fighter, because fights don't generally last too long, but on the other hand you need aerobic strength or you cannot train effectively enough to reach the higher skill levels.

Just my thoughts...

Ford Prefect
01-17-2002, 07:11 AM
I train both with high intensity interval training.

Robinf
01-17-2002, 08:29 AM
Go, Ford.

Personally, I just get too antsy if I don't get to jog at some point during the week. But, I do try to keep a balance of training between the two. I'm still too stuck in the body part mode to release myself to do circuit training.

Like ElPietro, you need the cardio vascular health and edurance to be able to train.

Robin