PDA

View Full Version : Poisen Snake Hand Forms in Dragon Style

Kevin Barkman
11-05-2000, 01:13 AM
Greetings!

It seems that there are a lot of Lung Ying schools out there teaching various "Dok Se" forms in their hand form curriculum. So far, I have heard of five differently named sets (all at the advanced level), including block road, spit venom, flick tongue, hide tongue, and just Dok Se. I am sure that these are probably the same sets under different names - I am assuming there are two traditional sets? There are different views on these - that one is "old session" and one is "new session", etc.

Anyway, just wondering by what name your schools go by for these sets, and what differences there are between them? Do the two main lineages (from the Brothers) have differing sets?

Cheers - kevin

Lau
11-05-2000, 05:59 PM
Hi Kevin,

Good to see that you're still around and interested. How was your trip to HK? Hope all is well with you and your family,

Regards, Lau

Kevin Barkman
11-05-2000, 10:38 PM
Hi Lau - nice to hear from you!

Actually, there is a "poisen snake" type set in Bak Mei too - something called "Dan Ging" or "Dam Kiew" - it has about 8 very smooth snake like coiling movements, along with the strikes. Different flavour from the LY Poisen Snake sets though.

Regards - kevin

thunder fist
11-06-2000, 01:51 PM
dan ging is the basic set to pak mei kung fu after jik bo kuen. very explosive form has elements of 9 step and drunken in it. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Lau
11-06-2000, 07:39 PM
Hello again,

I'm surprised to hear about thi form. I have never heard of it. Can it be possible that this form is only found in schools which combine pak mei and lung ying?

Regards, Lau

mantis108
11-06-2000, 10:51 PM
Hi Kevin and Lau,

Welcome back Kevin, hope you are well. Long time no chat. How are things? I will be emailing you soon. I have 9 pages of stuff for you to look at.

Dan Ging is my favorite set among all other Bak Mei sets. It takes the most direct and simplisitic approach to street fighting. It does seem to have some Gau Bo Tyui and Lung Ying elements in it. As for drunken, I have no clue. I don't think this is a novice level set but anybody, who learned this set sooner than Gau Bo Tyui, should consider himself lucky because he is ready for action. BTW by learning, I mean including applications in all the ranges.

Mantis108

Contraria Sunt Complementa

thunder fist
11-07-2000, 12:40 AM
it has a drunken step in the form!! look hard enough mantis 108 and you will notice it.
very nice form and practical for fighting, even the start with the single punchs downwards..... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif