PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Kung Lek. Chill out on all the new threads!!!

Water Dragon
01-16-2002, 09:58 PM
I want to talk about all of them. You're keeping me online too long. Ya gotta slow it down to like one or two a week :)

Leonidas
01-16-2002, 10:00 PM
He's trying to get rid of all the crap threads that have nothing to do with Martial Arts i guess.

David Jamieson
:D

By all means dive in an put your two cents in.

so far a lot of the replies are great.

peace

qeySuS
hehe he's just getting all the OT subjects out and MA subjects in ;)

Xebsball
01-16-2002, 10:03 PM
I drank 3 cups of coffee, i have cafeine coming out of my eyes.
My arse is on fire, i cant stop posting like a freak.

I like Kung Leks work on adding these threads.

Budokan
01-16-2002, 10:13 PM
It's becoming a little obvious. We'd all be pitching a storm if Rolls was doing this. What gives Kung Lek the right to co-opt the focus and flow of information on the forum?

Because he's a moderator? Sorry, not good enough. Let the forum ebb and flow as the group mind sees fit; that's its nature, the dynamic upon which it thrives. A forum by definition is a place to exchange ideas (no matter how offensive or even inoffensive) so that others might comment and share their experiences. When you arbitrarily skew the forum into a single (one man's) direction you lose that vital crucible of ideas that, IMO, KFO is.

I remember when Kung Lek came on board as a moderator and then people turned against him, but I stood with him because I thought he was doing a good job. And still do. If this latest attempt is to truly post topics he is curious about then perhaps I've overstepped my bounds with my previous criticism. But if he's trying to drive the forum down one particular avenue---well, I'm not sure that's a wise choice.

Just me, though.

qeySuS
01-16-2002, 10:20 PM
I like his effort, all of the posts he made are of a different topic and would serve no purpose to smack them together. And they are all good topics to be discussed.

David Jamieson
01-16-2002, 10:22 PM
my small contributions tonight will ebb and flow like the rest.

already the threads are breaking up, some drop, some gain attention.

all is flux and all is impermanent as the buddhists like to say.

what I am doing, anyone can do. I seek to influence no one, only to provoke thought that with feedback I may be able to formulate clearer due to the verbiage someone may supply.

I am asking questions that I have a genuine curiosty and general interest in.

no harm no foul.

peace

wushu chik
01-16-2002, 10:27 PM
PROPS to Kung Lek. Sometimes I don't agree with the things he says, but thank you for getting back on topic. This place was starting to fall apart!!! To many people on the Troll Bashing mode lately (I am just as guilty). But, I think it is a good idea to get everyone back on the mental track at hand!

~Wen~

GunnedDownAtrocity
01-17-2002, 01:11 AM
i tried to post a couple topics but they got burried underneeth the more important issues of fights that will never happen, men pretending to be girls, and the inferiority of kf to bjj.

not that i didnt post my fare share on these threads as well as talk excesively about my balls.

Leonidas
01-17-2002, 03:02 AM
Aww, dont get mad at Kung Lek. He did have the right to delete all those non Martial Arts related threads but he was nice about it. Hes just doing his job trying to get the forum back on track, i didn't understand half the threads he posted but they looked like they were about Martial Arts

Kristoffer
01-17-2002, 06:31 AM
Kung lek :D some good, some bad. But he still is cool!! + it's a kinda crappy job too moderate a forum filled with arse heads like myself. So, keep it up big guy :D

DelicateSound
01-17-2002, 06:58 AM
Why did you delete my post and Joe's though. Could have just deleted GDA's comments surely?

That was mean.