PDA

View Full Version : To Pananjakman Practitioners!!!!!!!!!!!

KEUNG
01-17-2002, 04:31 AM
HELLO EVERYBODY!!!!!!:)
CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE A LIST OF KICKING TECHNIQUES USED IN PANANJAKMAN SYSTEM AND CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO EXECUTE EACH TECHNIQUES ?
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black Jack
01-17-2002, 07:16 PM
Like a lot of the FMA systems the low-line kicking methods of Panajackman/Sikiran are very easy to use but to learn from a few words on the internet is asking to much.

The kicks are all aimed for the waist and below, specific targets being the knee, shin, ankle and even foot.

Different techniques include the knee, pointed toe kick, oblique kick, side kick, shin kick, stomps, trips, sweeps and even ankle hooks as well as foot traps. Most of the stuff is used withing punching and CQB range where the techs can lead to punching combinations, offbalancing and takedowns of the attacker.

Some of the target areas include the Sciatic Nerve with the shin kick, Testicles, Sciatic Nerve, Spine, Hamstring and Quadricep with the knee strike, Testicles, Under the Testicles, Shin, Stomach and Inside Thigh for the Toe kick, The Ankle, Shin, and Knee for the Oblique kick, foot and ankle stomps and traps.

A lot of the time it seems the sole of the foot is used.

It is a pretty good system of kicking but a lot of the kicks can be found in other areas of combat. The oblique kick can be found in both chinese boxing, savate, zipota, purring, naban, ju jitsu and other systems.

The FMA way is to lift up and crash down, that is a very good way but it can be a little telegraphic, another way which is a WWII close combat method is to swing the foot into the target, it may be savate based but I do not know.

Both have their place, the kick is one of my all time favorites as it is easy as hell and it comes from no where.

Go find a teacher and keep your kicks low! ;)

Chris McKinley
01-17-2002, 07:26 PM
BlackJack pretty much summed it up. I would also mention that the kicks have been greatly benefitted by incorporating some of the principles of internal arts as well.

Black Jack
01-17-2002, 08:44 PM
Chris,

Do you mean Panajackman it self or low-line kicking in general??

Chris McKinley
01-18-2002, 05:19 PM
In my FMA (Inosanto/Lacoste Kali, Lameco Escrima), the low-line destructions are fairly quick and linear. I've found that the internal arts principles of my Bagua and Taiji have added greatly to the power I can generate, but also reduce some of the telegraphing of the kicks as well. Some are even initiated from contact.

Majic Sam
01-24-2002, 07:16 PM
I only know the basic Pan kicks but they work well w/ WC and Savate kicks.I usually open my dummy routine w/ a Pan kick to distract on the low line,then go high,or else feint high and Pan low/go high again.Nice stuff for different rhythmic options!