PDA

View Full Version : A question on Pain!!!

red5angel
01-17-2002, 09:54 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good jow, or off the shelf remedy for healing the sensitive areas you get from toughening excersises? We have started doing them more recently and my forearms kill ofr a few days after. Huge red spots with the swelling and all that, not sure what I can use to apply to help it heal faster.

shaolinboxer
01-17-2002, 10:12 AM
There are many remedies... I find rest and massage to be the best.

Godzilla
01-17-2002, 10:24 AM
I used both. The Jow works better and lasts longer but smells like medicinal maple syrup. Rubbing alcohol dulls the pain for a while and feels good while you rub it in. I think of rubbing alcohol as poor mans Jow. It needs to be applied more often but it’s a lot cheaper and easier to find. I think it would offer some comfort for your arms.

Godzilla

Johnny Hot Shot
01-17-2002, 11:46 AM
My Sifu, (well ok hes not my sifu but...) I'm like the lone monk in his school all his studens respect me and consider me a fellow classmate even though I have only played with them a few times. whatever thats not important . Sifu is 70 and hase been teaching since 69 he makes his own Jow and it kicks on any over the counter stuff. But if you need to get over the counter jow may I suggest sheng gu shu as on or a plaster type bandage Called wu yang . The wu yang bandage works well on deep bruiseing.

good luck