PDA

View Full Version : hey gene: KFO, mag tie-in

wangsizhong
01-17-2002, 10:11 AM
you were wondering how to get forum members tied in with the mag. why not have like an issue devoted to submissions from forum members? wouldn't that be the simplest way, or have you thought of that already? aside from writing articles, you could have people photo themselves in form/application sequences and send them in to use in other people's article submissions. they could if necessary even be anonymous photos so people on the board could see themselves and post on the board to tell people "hey that's me".
just a thought

Wang Si Zhong

GeneChing
01-17-2002, 10:19 AM
Actually, since we've had the ezine, our number of submissions have increased considerably. Somehow, I don't think an issue devoted to forum members would sell - just a feeling. But we are always open to submissions from anyone, forum member or not. We can't really make a bunch of forum member write articles - then we'd be stuck with whatever they wrote, and that could be regretable. That's not how freelance works.

Stacey
01-17-2002, 05:11 PM
thats a diplomatic way of saying, "Nah, you guys suck"

GeneChing
01-18-2002, 11:49 AM
...it's a diplomatic way of saying you guys are not reliable to meet a deadline for such project. And we aren't sure that it would sell that well. Even if I could sell a copy to every member one the forum now, that still only accounts for less than 10% of our total distribution. Besides I'm sure you're all subscribed already...;)
Actually, we've been pretty happy about the articles that have been submitted to our magazine and ezine from forum members. You guys don't suck at all. Well, maybe a few of you do, but we're working on it.

jun_erh
01-20-2002, 09:22 AM
Though it would be inviting contraversy, I think you could do an article on The Temple Kung Fu phenomanon using some of the commentary on this board. Just a thought. Plus, it would be good to distinguish the Shaolin Temple thrust of most of the magazine from the "Temple" in Temple Kung Fu. Unfortunatly, I think many people on this board have already read those stories, so it could be preaching to the converted a little if you were to just put it in the EZINE or something. It's just a thought. (IF you're reading this and you can't tell if I'm talking about Shaolin Temple Kung Fu, or something called "Temple Kung Fu" well, that's the problem!!! Just imagine if you knew absolutly nothing about martial arts. You'd probably aassume they were the same thing)

GeneChing
01-22-2002, 12:23 PM
There is no way we could go after all the schools the claim ties to Shaolin (or any other lineage for that matter.) It's too much negative energy and who are we to judge? Eventually Darwin will determine who survives.

rubthebuddha
01-25-2002, 01:40 PM
besides, gene probably catches more than enough **** from us as KFO administrator. what if he and KFQ started playing judge and jury for the kung fu world? his inbox would be filled with such hate that even satan would blanche.

anyhoo, once again gene, kudos to you and your staffers for all the work you are doing here and in print.