PDA

View Full Version : Wild Things

Mutant
01-17-2002, 12:03 PM
Very cool topic, thanks for sharing all that info, very interesting.

I think thats the main intent of animal kung fu (from my limited experience), although people seem to get caught up in the 'skeleton' of the forms that often lack the true intent and power and end up just looking silly.

Is that san shou 2 man set something you developed? just curious. My sifu told me that one of the best san shou schools in China, which turns out champion fighters is a traditional tai chi chuan school.

Mutant
01-17-2002, 12:08 PM

Sam Wiley
01-17-2002, 12:32 PM
Hi Mutant Warrior,
The San Shou method I wrote about is not one I invented. To date, I have only designed two forms and no training methods, and I have almost given up on the forms because I am unsatisfied with them. I do not know who designed it exactly, but it comes from the Yang Shao-hou side of the Yang family. It may have even been invented by him. It is considered by many who train in the same style as I do to be one of the best training methods in the style, taking you from a simple two-man set to full contact free fighting over a few years.

DelicateSound
01-17-2002, 03:20 PM
Wild things is a cracking movie. Denise Richards topless..... oh man that's one of my favo.........

Oh, we're not on about that. Sorry.

Nexus
01-17-2002, 07:30 PM
and I have almost given up on the forms because I am unsatisfied with them.

I know of a teacher locally who teaches TC who has abandoned the form methods altogether. Although his fighting techniques are excellent and he is producing some quality in his students, his students are completely off on things such as: rooting, square stances and planting ones root, structure problems (yang style reference), differentiating between substantial and insubstantial etc.

Just something to glean light on.

Sam Wiley
01-17-2002, 08:21 PM
I haven't given up traditional forms. Just the ones I tried to design, those were the ones I was not satisfied with. They just pale in comparison to the traditional forms I practice.:)