PDA

View Full Version : Animal styles in WC???

Nichiren
01-18-2002, 06:19 AM
Someone told me that WC techniques are derived from two animal styles, namely crane and snake. Is this correct?

Kuen
01-18-2002, 06:29 AM
You can see similarities between WCK and snake, crane and mantis styles which I am sure had some influence. I personally think the snake/crane or snake/fox thing is just a myth. WCK is a human animal system.

Juan Alvarez
01-18-2002, 07:14 AM
Hi guys!

Animals styles are just a categorisation of different movements. We do not imitate animals per se. These categorisations are based on the familiarity between movements and their ressemblance to animal movements. But they are still human movements!

In my WC school, we do the five animal foms and you can clearly see the animal influence in WC, in all lineages. WC is mainly based on the crane and snake.

Cheers...

Sam
01-18-2002, 02:57 PM
Wing Chun came out of Shaolin. Shaolin has animal styles. The diference is that Wing Chun is inspired by animal atributes rather than mimicing an animal.

wingchunalex
02-06-2002, 01:35 PM
i definately think wing chun is influenced by animal systems. bong sau-wing arm. bil sau, looks a lot like snake. fook sau, crain or praying mantis. bong sau seems like a pretty unusual block for someone to just come up with. ng mui was a shaolin nun anyway.