PDA

View Full Version : CLF fighting stances

kei lun
01-18-2002, 06:22 AM
What is the fighting stance of Choy Lee Fut? In my school we use a high side stance with the lead hand extended in a chap choei, and the rear palm by the elbow. My Sifu calls it gchap choei jongh. What stance does other schools use?

CLFNole
01-18-2002, 08:31 AM
Kei-Lun :

Do you do buck sing CLF, my sifu once showed me this stance and told me back in the 60s and 70s during full contact fighting matches the buck sing guys often adopted this stance.

Peace.

nospam
01-18-2002, 06:04 PM
I am a practitioner of Bak Hsing CLF. Although the stance and fist you spoke of is a staple, we do not 'start' a fight or sparring match with our tsap choi extended as such. We do stand more upright in sai ping ma with the lead (power) hand extended (fingers pointing skyward) forward and the other hand close to the forward elbow.

Back in the 80's, at tournaments, practitioners from the 'other' arts (karate/tae-kwon do) would scream, "Break his fingers!" hahaha That always made me laugh. Yes, please...step a little closer.

nospam.
:cool:

kei lun
01-20-2002, 07:10 AM
CLFNole,

Yea, I guess you could say Ifm from the Buk Sing school, although I have trained under all three lines. The Chap Choei Jong is definitely from Buk Sing and my preferred stance, but I think itfs a good signature stance of Choy Lee Fut also.

Cheers

Charp Chui
01-23-2002, 12:09 AM
Kei Lun,

Who was your Buk Sing Teacher and how long were you involved?

Charp Chui

kei lun
01-23-2002, 09:16 AM
Chap Choei,

Its a little complicated, send me a private message on that.

Kei Lun

Charp Chui
01-29-2002, 08:32 PM
Hey There Kei Lun

Was meaning to write back earlier, but I am not always on the computer. I just tried sending a private message to you, but for some **** reason, it ain't working for me and I have tried to follow the instructions to change my profile and can't find squat...cripe, cripe, cripe...

Would like to chat with you a little. So feel free to drop me an e-mail. Thought this would just make it easire this way. I guess I am just computer stupid...

ChanGongSan@aol.com