PDA

View Full Version : ATTN guohuen

Ray Pina
01-18-2002, 07:31 AM
" Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."

I like that a lot, is that yours? If not, where is that from?

guohuen
01-18-2002, 07:39 AM
Thanks Ray. No it's not mine. I'll try to find who said it and put it on my signature. I read it somewhere and it immediatly hit me and I said yeah.

Ray Pina
01-18-2002, 08:30 AM
Thanks. Its one of those things that hit me deeply as well. I think as martial artists in 2002 we are all a bit of that, warriors walking in gardens.

Anyway, I'd like to read more of who ever wrote that. Very good.

guohuen
01-18-2002, 09:07 AM
Ray,BTW. What you said to Ralek was real stand up. I admire you for doing that.
Toney

Ray Pina
01-18-2002, 11:39 AM
I thought about it the entire car ride home. I was thinking, what do I have to gain? I don't know him or his skill level, only mine. IF i was to loose, it would be a bloody fight, because I'm not going to go down easy. If I was to win, nothing good comes from that either: so I beat a a young man who admittedly doesn't know anything other than CD rom and video game inspired techniques. No honor in that. Add potential legal issues ...

I still would like for him to come out to NY though. I fight regulalrly with good stand up people who are only interetsed in getting better, no ego -- or at least not too much. A little is good, makes it interesting, puts stakes in it.

In the end, I know my strenghts and my weaknesses. One of my weaknesses is caring too much what people here think, so I thought that would be a good first step in the right direction. I don't care what people think in reality, why should I in virtual reality.

Well, it's been a pleasure. Your sign off alone has brought value to this day for me.

Thanks again.
Ray