PDA

View Full Version : Anyone practice White Tiger?

Kong Jianshen
11-19-2000, 04:19 AM
Bak Fu Pai? I hear it is faster then other tiger styles and was developed by a monk that was traveling with White Eyebrow. Anyone got any other info?

Always seeking to learn,
Kong Jianshen
Humble disciple of the ancient Boxing Arts

Shaolin Master
11-19-2000, 04:24 AM
Lots of people do read about in previous posts...Watch for impersinators in the USA though.
Of the Doo Wai Family
Personally I recommend Billy-Pilgrim & Fubokuen.

Regards

Shi Chan Long

billy_pilgrim
11-19-2000, 05:57 AM
Thanks for the recommendation ShaolinMaster! Personally, I would just recommend Fubokuen, but I'll help in any way that I can.

There is a connection with Bak Mei, to what degree I really cannot say, my experience with the White Eyebrow system is very limited (even moreso than my experience with Bak Fu Pai). But there are some similarities in the Bak Mei that I've seen.

ShaolinMaster has given you some sage advice about the impersinators...My experience has been that if you "seek" it, you'll find it. But don't expect to buy it off of a web site.

Any specific questions I'd be happy to answer to the best of my knowledge.

BIU JI
11-19-2000, 06:32 AM
Then why does BBBilly come recomended if his knowledge of the systems is limited as he said ?ƒ

Shaolin Master
11-19-2000, 06:36 AM
Because he is of the Doo Wai Family.
And is humble in his manner willing to help regarding to Doo's white Tiger as he can.

Regards

[This message was edited by ShaolinMaster on 11-19-00 at 10:41 PM.]

fiercest tiger
11-19-2000, 02:39 PM
i wouldnt say its the fastest at all! thats a stupid comment..sorry.

fung do duk originator? ask doo wai.

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

kull
11-20-2000, 12:19 AM
Fung Doe Duk according to legend was from Wu Tang mountain, and was younger than Chi Sim Sum See. Never read in the books as i was growing up that he was Pak Mei's senior. Pak Mei's senior was the buddhist nun Ng Mui.

billy_pilgrim
11-20-2000, 12:56 AM
No one in BFP claims Fung Doe Duk as Bak Mei's senior, there was a post by ShaolinMaster that suggested there was some kind of "spiritual" seniority, but as far as rank, I don't know anyone in the system who claims that Fung Doe Duk outranked Bak Mei.

Fung Doe Duk wandered quite a bit, but the roots are in Fukien and O'Mei.

Shaolin Master
11-20-2000, 02:14 AM
Fung Dao De in previous posts was described as not being senior but only more spiritual. Non involvement in temple political situations.
Bai Mei was of equal/similar age as chi san (thus the Elder bickering)
Wu Mei was also advisor to Chi San but resided in nearby Bai Lien Si not Shao lin si.[Buddhist temples either all one sex or another rarely together]. Eldest of the 5 elders.
Also this is the JiuLienShan Shaolinsi not fujian Pu Tian shaolin si.
Miu Hin was the lay disciple became a salt merchant remained in area as did Wu mei
Chi San Red boats and touring.
Fung Dao De & Bai mei west to Ermei.

Regards
Shi Chan Long

kull
11-20-2000, 07:15 AM
I read Fung Do Duk travelled and ended up at Wu Tang mountain. Bak Mei went to Ermei, hence the original name of his methods, Ermei Shaolin Chuan. Yes i know about Mui Hing, he was a lay person at the temple, and was the grandfather of the famous southern fighter Fung Sai Yuk.

Shaolin Master
11-20-2000, 07:23 AM
According to Doo Wai he ended up at his anscestors home on foot of Ermei Mts. ?

Hmm. Miu Hin - Miu Tsui Fa
Mui Tsui Fa marry Fong Tak
Thus Fong Sai Yuk

Also Ermei Shaolin Quan does not resemble Bai Mei Quan it resembles Hong Quan !

Shi Chan Long

billy_pilgrim
11-20-2000, 06:11 PM
Don't know where he ENDED up. At some point he taught Doo Tin Yin in Sichuan. Read FuMei's interesting post for an alternate (non-BFP) take on Bak Mei, Fung Doe Duk, and the O'Mei region.

kull
11-21-2000, 10:24 PM
Hong Quan as in Hong Hsi Kwan? Wong Fei Hong? Well, ermei shaolin doesn't resemble that Hong Quan at all. Chueng Lai Chun changed the name from Ermei Shaolin to Bai Mei.

Shaolin Master
11-22-2000, 12:40 AM
Hong Quan as in Songshan/Northern Shaolin Hong Quan ...There are many Hong Quan's other than Hung Gar.
Please!!!!

To Add there are over 40 Systems of Ermei Shan origin....so hmm!

Regards
Shi Chan Long

kull
11-22-2000, 07:55 AM
Well if there are over 40 systems of Ermei origin, then Bai Mei as well as Hong Quan can be one of them.

Shaolin Master
11-22-2000, 08:03 AM
And they are my friend they are!

There is Ermei Bai Mei Quan, Ermei Hong Quan (From 3 divisions) as well Ermei Shaolin Quan.

But Ermei Shaolin and Ermei Bai Mei are quite different /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif in both form structure and application.

I will post information on Ermei arts on my website in January 2001.

Regards

Shi Chan Long

kull
11-22-2000, 08:40 AM
Iam sure it is diff.

kull
11-22-2000, 08:47 AM
Iam sure Bei Mei is diff than the others. But that maybe just a diff. in diff. ppl. calling it diff. names. If bai mei was in ermai and shaolin then it can be called that, diff. is just in diff. methods that came out of that temple. Tsai Li Fo (choy lee fut) can be called shaolin quan just like hung can be.
thank you

Shaolin Master
11-23-2000, 01:55 AM
Then you are saying all the styles could essentially be called shaolin is it?

kull
11-23-2000, 07:21 AM
Did i say that or did you? Don't draw inferences when none exist.

Shaolin Master
11-23-2000, 07:40 AM
It was a question (question mark) not an inference !

MoQ
11-23-2000, 07:06 PM
nobody knows WHAT you were saying! Admittedly SM's question should've just been "Whaaat?"...