PDA

View Full Version : striking

respectmankind
01-18-2002, 08:49 PM
okay, now, when i stike with my palm, or generaly any other area, i do it really well, and i am fast as hell when throwing strikes, but, my problem is, when i do fisted strikes (in general) it never seems to be very effective unless i direct it at certain body parts (which can't be practied in sparring) so i was wondering, if anyone could tell me how they do it because what i am doing seems to be fast but acking power, even when i follow the instructions. any tips would b3 welcomed

Mr. Nemo
01-18-2002, 08:59 PM
Which body parts do your fist strikes work on?

If you want power, learn the right technique and concentrate on trying to put your body into each punch. If you're just punching with your arm, you won't get much power.

respectmankind
01-18-2002, 09:00 PM
i do both the last two, and then teh center mass, i use my whoel body, and my snap is very good as well.

Mr. Nemo
01-18-2002, 09:06 PM
Well, then, you've stumped me. I can't figure out any reason why your palm strikes would be significantly more powerful than strikes with your fists.

respectmankind
01-18-2002, 09:08 PM
could it be my wrists. i posted earlier, and someone misunderstoo dme. my wrists are stronger than most, but they are signifcantly smaller that teh proportion of my arm size. i wonder fi that could be an effect?