PDA

View Full Version : White Haired Demon ?

buddhapalm
01-19-2002, 10:28 PM
Can anyone tell me about "White Haired Demon" / "Bak Moh Jiu" of Hung Fut System ?

I had been told that he was famous for practicing "Wind Demon Fist" or "Fung Moh Kuen"

Has anyone heard of this form, and does anyone here practice it ?

In my system we have Fung Moh Kuen and I am trying to trace it.

Cheers

Buddhapalm

jon
01-19-2002, 10:45 PM
AKA white haired devil.
Real name i believe was Hung Ju Sing. His hair turned white shortly after the death of his wife and sifu, he was only in his 30's. He then saught out his sigung and finaly finished his training.
One of the last great grandmasters of Hung Fut.
Was best known for his Mad Devil Staff which is the treasure set of Hung Fut. Obviously this is a staff form, althouth the name is shared amoust several styles the set itself is unique to Hung Fut. From what i have heard its an ammazing set and one of the most advanced staff forms around.
Its also not taught to anyone bar bai-see or even possibly only decendents, im not dead sure but i know its very closely kept.

Hung Futs techniques are a combination of Hung Ga and Fut Ga they are similar in structure to many southern shaolin systems bar one very important aspect.
Hung Fut love there left hand... They nearly always initiate movements with the left hand and all weapons are held in that hand. One of there most famous forms is a tiger form, where the right hand is kept behind the back tucked into the sash.
Very nice powerfull system.
I believe Tai Yim is the current grandmaster.

Crimson Phoenix
01-20-2002, 04:33 AM
I have a Feng Mo Gun form on a chinese tape...the tape is interesting, eventhough it mixes some PRC wushu with real trad. stuff (which sucks, but not too much if you can tell the difference).
I do not know from what lineage is this form, but it's an absolutey gorgeous and deep form...

brothernumber9
01-20-2002, 04:52 PM
Hung jiu shing, Bok Mo Jiu, the white haired devil, was the sixth generation grandmaster of the hung fut system. His hair turned white as a youth giving him the name "white haired chiu" or Bok Mo Jiu. He was taken as a student of the Ho family village by the fifth generation grandmaster Nng Hoi Tung, also known as "white haired tung", Hung jiu Shing's father knew Nng Hoi Tung and after having his son discovered for spying on Nng Hoi Tung's teaching, pleaded with Nng Hoi Tung to accept Hung Jiu Shing as his student even though he was not of the Ho family village. After checking Jiu Shing out and seeing that he was practicing what he had been watching, and also since his hair was white like Nng Hoi Tung's and because of the relationship between Hung jiu SHing's father and Nng Hoi Tung and the Ho family village, Hung Jiu Shing was accepted as a student. He is most famous for the mad devil staff and four crippled forms. I am not aware of any form in our branch called fung mo kuen but I am not an expert I doubt if I know of even half the forms in the system and there are a few other branches of hung fut, one of which may have that form. There are many misconceptions of Hung Fut, one of which is that all weapons, forms, and techniques are initiated or held with the left hand. This is not true. broadsword is held in the right hand, although it is encouraged to learn it with both hands especially if interested in learning sun and moon double broadsword. It is true that there is a left hand form where the right hand is fixed behind the back and all hand techniques are done with the left hand, and also that all long weapons are held with the left hand in front and the right hand in back ( notwithstanding double sided techniques and weapons ). But it would be foolish and entirely too predictable to base an entire fighting system by starting with one side.
If none of this helped, I'm sorry, like I said I'm no expert but I'm always intrigued to find something that may be associated with Hung Fut that perhaps I didn't know of before.

jon
01-20-2002, 05:42 PM
You obviously know your history, very interesting.
Thanks for the corrections:)