PDA

View Full Version : Who Here Studys Hungga

diego
01-19-2002, 10:45 PM
if so, could you say hello,write your lineage, and leave any internet links, for i to get a better understanding what your about.
thank you, if you post
if not
your an *******, prolly have issues and im glad we didnt chat
PEACE

whippinghand
01-20-2002, 09:03 AM
You take Hung Gar in Vancouver? Who do you train under?

diego
01-20-2002, 05:23 PM
i study a hybrid kajukenbo/hopgar, if you read my thread to jon&steve it will bring you to my inquiry of a possible past exchange between our styles, i havent read your bio , i assume you do hungga. Do you have any knowledge in your style or are you fairly a beginner.

whippinghand
01-20-2002, 10:03 PM
I don't do Hung Gar. How serious are you about training it?

joedoe
01-20-2002, 10:08 PM
diego, are you in Canada? For some reason I thought you were in a Central American country.

diego
01-20-2002, 11:45 PM
theres a rap group out of vancouver bc canada named the rascals
theres a bank called vancity
hence thats what they call vancouver
now rappers always using the simile of thier skills bieng fope hipotent
such as ice-t:im your pusher, your streamlining the bass of my music....
hence i think im cool so i added columbia to the vancity
hence you asked where im from
and i answered
sorry to mock you
but when the whole 911 **** fiasco went down, some one calle dme a troll, for not bieng proamerican, but humaneican

diq was like your a aliase i know it, your names prolly not diego and you aint from columbia
im like no **** sherlock, diego is english for james
and you my sun are a chump.

yah so there you go,
kno any hungga or lions roar, even have any friends who dont go online who you could call and relay thier message's...:rolleyes:

whippinghand
01-20-2002, 11:50 PM
do you speak english?

diego
01-21-2002, 12:07 AM
if you read some of my past posts you would agree i need to analzye hunggas methods with a master sometime in my life to better understand my style, now unless the school was kickass im not in a position to start paying annual wages, namsaying.....
i have video of most my styles forms, and was shown most the generic application within those forms, so i have enuff form/drill training, and i just do my bagwork and practise my apps beating on my friends, so if you know of a hardcore hungga school, i would be seriously interested for sparring experiance, but application wise my style is somewhat of a gangster style, so in the average hungga school it would take years for me to get the apps i know, so theres the reply,
if you know a chill cheap school where i could goto to get a quick rundown on the claws and longfists, that would be cool

or if you know of a hardcore school, then i wouldnt mind paying annual fees and becoming a member.
:cool:

diego
01-21-2002, 12:10 AM
was to assbanit/joedoe
if he doesnt get it hes an idiot, it was english with little slang for edit purpose...

brucelee2
01-21-2002, 12:14 AM
Whipping hand-

You gotta stop giving out the info for my hung gar school- classes are getting too crowded!

diego
01-21-2002, 12:22 AM
:cool:

01-21-2002, 08:44 AM
Kajukembo and hopgar? Interesting.

How do those two styles fit together in your lineage, diego?

Do they ever get in the way of each other or do they complement each other perfectly?

I studied Hung Ga with the same teacher that TenTigers here does. In fact, I just saw that teacher last weekend (visit once a year).

I never made it far, but I did get some of the gist of the style. Now that I'm studying Seng Men, it's become a bit clearer.

This weekend, that sifu demonstrated the Tang Fung pole set for me - which looks like a little like my Seng Men pole set but has more spin moves and less of a spear mentality.

diego
01-21-2002, 11:00 AM
How do those two styles fit together in your lineage, diego?

Do they ever get in the way of each other or do they complement each other perfectly?

i havent had a clear answer on what i do, supposedly thiers mantis and internal style, in my method, TECHNIQUE wise they fit perfectly because kajukenbo is the king at bieng a technique based art"its heavy on prearanged selfdefense stratagies, such as singleing out combinations of full range overhead club attack/bottle smash defenses. Full range meaning from the initial sidestep and parry to a takedown and follow up, or the initial parry and a knockout combination, they use two mansets, THE MAJOR PORTION BESIDES HARDCORE SPARRING IS IN SELFDEFENSE COMBOS.
now i was shown mostly the hopga aspect, im told first you spend 2-5 years in emperado method kajukenbo then you learn the hopga, now understand thier are these forms in the system that are newer then kajukenbo and hopga because each styles elements are combined, now i cant get a clear answer on who made these forms, my assesment of the style is this, first 2 sets you learn fighting forms, for instance the first combo deals with someone grabbing your collar,now the techniues that follow a armsmash-nose punch follow up, a claw to face grab hair elbow temple, smash groin then backfist face, it uses the prearanged technique model to build fighting attitude as opposed to the form bieng for conditioning, now thru the changes of the strikes you switch from horse to front closeknee stance, wich is similar to the idea of changes in the first TANTUI STYLE--SWITCH FROM HORSE TO BOW AND PUNCH. The first two sets deal with this mentality, it has the quintessential basis of a mckwoon kenpo style format, like both sets i have on tape four practitioners attack one after the other twice so its like you were jumped by 8 attackers, now the techniques performed is of a high traditional structure not just some crazy kenpo flurrie, but the mentality gained is the chop socky hands, BUT WITH ROOT, theres like 11 more sets tho wich i havent been blessed with full study..YET, there all about traditional form structure trianing.

now understand real kajukenbo is a fighting style, if you have the advanced attitude you can make any style kajukenbo..

now i was mostly shown technique not the forms, but the technique comes in drills, and its advanced combos of the key techs in the forms, so its like only knowing the two fighting forms, im a beginner, in the fact i have weak root in the style, however only knowing the fighting form for 6 years and the fact i have about 120 tech/drills, im in a funny predicament i know the system for killing at a intermediate level howver im spaggehtti spine, from lack of ging in my structure, wich brings me to my current search, im looking for the traditional training, either a advanced practitioner in my style to parlay teh finepoints in the rest of the sets, or what im doing now looking at related styles for possible tips.

diego
01-21-2002, 11:03 AM
it literally is kajukenbo/hopgar, not kajukenbo&hopgar
from what i explained on the sets and the theory of drilling, you should surmise its of a hopgar FRAME taught from the kajukenbo structure&attitude.

Golden Arms
01-21-2002, 12:29 PM
I practice Hung Gar, and I live in Seattle...What do you want to know?

-Golden Arms-