PDA

View Full Version : Who Here Studys Hungga

diego
01-19-2002, 10:46 PM
Who Here Studys Hungga
if so, could you say hello,write your lineage, and leave any internet links, for i to get a better understanding what your about.
thank you, if you post
if not
your an *******, prolly have issues and im glad we didnt chat
PEACE

:cool:

fgxpanzerz
01-19-2002, 11:01 PM
My lineage is Lam sai Wing, I think. My sifu is changing somethings, blah blah blah. I generally couldn't give a $hit about lineage. Where do u study at?

jon
01-19-2002, 11:17 PM
Hey i think you know i do Hung but what the heck ill always happily advertise my style and linage.
Linage...
Lum Jo - Yc Wong - Collin Chau - Josepth Awad - Little ol me
Canton Hung Ga mixed with Family Hung Ga
Family stuff comes though Collin Chau.

diego
01-20-2002, 12:22 AM
im under the assumption thiers a correlation between lama pai and hunggar in the early 1900s, if you dont know, you may refer to the main forum and read jons reply to my post, or if your in the know, maybe even think you have an idea,
tell me more:)

RAIN
01-20-2002, 10:34 AM
hola diego

soy de argentina y mi escuela se inicio bajo las enseñanzas de un maestro de lama pai llamado wang ming shing .
me interesaria saber como llego a colombia el sistema lama . ya que no es muy frequente encontrar estilistas y mucho menos en sudamerica .

diego
01-20-2002, 05:27 PM
ow's it goin rain:
my names james, couldnt think of a username, thought of san diego=st.james
you do hungga?.

diego
01-20-2002, 05:36 PM
im white, with a bit native, live in vancouver bc canada; have no idea what you wrote, i could get it transcribed tho from my boy....

Theres somemore lions roar stylists in this forum i know theres lkfmdc-sifu ross of lama pai, steve richards,khong/hop gar and gumgong who study hopgar, and some whitecrane with bakhok?, and friday who you have possibly met who does bakhok.
Could you tell me in english:D about your school and lineage
I learnt a jumble of one style A HYBRID OF KAJUKENBO/HOPGAR, from my mothers old boyfriend, currently entertaining where to take my training, one thing wich highly interests me is the variety of lions roar styles above-mentioned, it creates great ambition in me when i think from the original 8 fists, through 300 odd years,there is so many schools where if you learn one, there all related somewhat so you always may learn....

what's your bio..:)

RAIN
01-20-2002, 06:59 PM
sorry for speaking you in spanish , i 'd think you was from colombia , but you are from columbia . i learn many lama pai forms that comes from a master called wang ming shin , but he leave the country ten years ago .
i can't tell you a linaje because i don't get very clear that , but we know tibetan white crane . some weapons , and the form liu sing chuen ( lau sing kuen ) .
yes , also i know some hung gar forms .

diego
01-20-2002, 11:30 PM
in form and application, im not sure about the form you mentioned, as i dont study a traditional lama style, il ask some contacts if they know of it.
You wrote also u learnt white crane, how many basic punches were you taught, my style only has 6 or 7, some styles have 12 some 18...its said originally there was 8.:cool:

diego
01-20-2002, 11:32 PM
i learn many lama pai forms

can you describe them, names/attributtes
thanks

ChubbyTiger
01-22-2002, 01:44 PM
I'm studying Hung Gar in Ann Arbor with Sifu Karl Scott. I'm in the line of Lam Jo (and Lam Sai Wing, etc.). Since my sifu studied with Y.C. Wong out in SF, we incorporate a lot of other stuff into the style. A little Tai Chi, some mantis, a little eagle. Mostly still just Hung Gar, though.

Matthew