PDA

View Full Version : How to prepare training?

Master_Mike
01-20-2002, 04:11 PM
I was thinking that on February 5th, I will begin training. Ok, I have a kickboxing stand and two 5 pounds weight lifts. How long should I train with these equipments and what else should I do while I am training, should I meditate too?

Apprentice
01-20-2002, 08:50 PM
what is a kickboxing stand?

what will you be trainning in? kickboxing?

i'm always told you should only meditate with proper instruction, do you have an instructor?

these are questions other people are probably wondering, so jes to help them out

SevenStar
01-20-2002, 10:55 PM
you're a fourth degree black belt, right? train like you normally do. I don't think 5 lb weights are gonna do too much for an adult male unless you are punching, or maybe doing wrist curls. If that's all that you have access to, then do bodyweight exercises - pushups, hindu squats, etc. work your forms, shadow box and work your bag. Just be consistent with it.

Robinf
01-21-2002, 07:35 AM
What style are you going into?

I would do what you did for your TKD training. Work through your stances, basic punches, etc. Just dust off the cobwebs.

It'll be easier to give advice if we know what style you're going into.

Robin

Johnny Hot Shot
01-21-2002, 10:21 AM
Your a TKD stylist right. So kick lots practise your kicks everyday especially the ones you have problems with.