PDA

View Full Version : pak mei fou -chum, when to rise and when to fall and which has more power?

fiercest tiger
11-25-2000, 04:04 AM
ok! on a serious note, for the styles that rise and fall. which do you prefer rising or falling techniques?

do you think body size comes into consideration?

i like both but i feel more in control when sinking. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

billy_pilgrim
11-25-2000, 05:42 AM
Good one! HEHEHEHE
First you refused to divulge one shred of information about yourself or your lineage because it is "secret". Your word. Then you changed your tune to the much more contrived story about gangsters getting you if you did. This was all after introducing yourself to members of this forum by accusing a couple of well known and no longer living Sifus of drug abuse. Now you want to be serious. Seriously, I liked you better when you were banned...

fiercest tiger
11-25-2000, 05:55 AM
the way its going i probably would, but really i think you nob jockeys should be as well. your as bad as myself so dont start sh!t.

i knew that one of you guys would stick there fat head in on this topic. go and watch a doo wai video if your not interested. i need some cash if you like ill sell a form of me and i wont fall off balance i promise!!

funny thing is that even a pak mei teacher in ny dont even want to know doo wai., did you know that. he is not very respected by other kung fu masters. GET THE POINT!!!

/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

billy_pilgrim
11-25-2000, 06:26 AM
I could care less how respected GM Doo is by "other masters" as you put it. It would be impossible for he or anyone to be as disrespected as you are on this forum. Most people simply ignore you. I'm the only one stupid enough to respond to this thread. And those that don't ignore you invariably wind up in some kind of on-line war with you. Let me know when you get that video made so that I can notify the nearest Triad chapter.

fiercest tiger
11-25-2000, 06:34 AM
who cares what you think, 4 years and you think you have been there and done that, see you in a few more years moron.

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

billy_pilgrim
11-25-2000, 06:45 AM
When did I say that I had "been there and done that"? Find an arrogant post of mine. Most of the time I qualify my experience with BFP by saying that I really don't know that much, which is true. If you talk trash about GM Doo, then you can bet that you are going to get a response from me...if you talk trash about me, I could really care less. You don't really know either of us, but you have more to go on with me, and it won't keep me up nights if you call me names, I really and truly don't care. Billy Pilgrim is a fictional character out of a Kurt Vonnegut novel genius. You know, fictional...just like your nameless Sifu.

fiercest tiger
11-25-2000, 06:55 AM
like your fictional sub-systems, gm doo wai is probably a nice person but students like you and the rest that are destroying his family system.

email me billy, arguing here will get me banned. hey but thats what you want you wanker.

how much cash you got, ill get a video out to you to learn real kung fu.

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

billy_pilgrim
11-25-2000, 07:02 AM
Please let me know how I am destroying his system. Email on the way...

FuMei
11-25-2000, 08:12 AM
I do not feel so good while rising because I think that I somehow lose a little control of my centerline while rising, floating. Sinking makes me feel more comfortable and safe because it is so much more compact and rooted. I guess that in rising I only like to rise if I am going to withdraw back and strike the attacker. But sinking seems to never fail!!!!!

Fu

MoQ
11-25-2000, 10:37 AM
these concepts cannot be divided. It's not a matter of "liking one better". Is this a real thread?

kull
11-25-2000, 10:44 AM
Depends on the move fierce tiger. Certain techniques would rise, some would sink. I feel comfortable doing both. Do you only feel comfortable while sinking your energy?

FuMei
11-25-2000, 11:48 AM
Mo Q: Yes these concepts can be divided. If you are practicing a slow med you are dividing them in order to realize the motion needed for the opposite, simple physics. In order to sink correctly one has to be able to float correctly too. I was merely amswering this with more of a thought on attack. When most people think of rising and falling floating and sinking they think of something like ying jow, ping choy (eagle claw, straight punch). Of course, this is a float to defend sink to attack move. However, if someone is withdrawing from their opponent and they throw a floating attack (or better termed in this case as a withdrawing attack) they are simply rising while they attack.

F

fiercest tiger
11-25-2000, 01:33 PM
but i like the power when sinking.

moq- you can divide both and they can be done together. im asking which one do you prefer thats all. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

Shaolin Master
11-26-2000, 07:46 AM
Bak Mei

Though this is all a matter of choice, technique and situation. I tend to float in attack whilst crushing the bridge and sink when entering the door to strike. In retreat the method would be dependant on the corresponding attack received thus in retreat we attack, in advance we attack, likewise for defense in defense we attack in attack we defend. "Always surging forward(mentally) with attack in mind the matter of sinking or floating is only relative to a moment" but it should be natural for the kill.

Oh which has more power to a beginner it would be to sink but in reality it is both the power differs. The power to defend could be as much a weapon as to attack. The Jing in rising/floating is as powerful as falling as the most powerful requires power in one and the other. That is to expect one more than the other in terms of power is to reduce the actuall potential power of that which seems more powerful.

Regards
Shi Chan Long

[This message was edited by ShaolinMaster on 11-26-00 at 11:51 PM.]

kull
11-26-2000, 10:10 AM
Can someone answer my question on what is this controversy about Bak Fu Pai? How does it relate to Bai Mei? I ask this b4 and never got and answer. LOL /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

billy_pilgrim
11-26-2000, 08:31 PM
No controversy. Just misunderstandings. As for relationship with Bak Mei, this has been covered in the past...I've seen some similarities, but I don't study Bak Mei...

MoQ
11-26-2000, 10:12 PM
but maintained a balance...

This is a sad question because it's like how outsiders might think that Taoists sit around going "Dude, which do you like better YIN or YANG?"

What kind of question is this? Which loop of a fig.8 is your favorite?

I know most personal claims are hollow, but these shallow labels come from a perspective far below that which is boasted. I never believe what people say about themselves anyway, but this is a stupid thread trying to hide behind a weak pretense of esotericism...

FT- who cares about "a bak mei teacher" in NY or wherever? I mean, YOU are a bak mei teacher right??? LOL

[This message was edited by MoQ on 11-27-00 at 02:21 PM.]

wisdom mind
11-26-2000, 10:21 PM
mr tiger said above:

funny thing is that even a pak mei teacher in ny dont even want to know doo wai., did you know that. he is not very respected by other kung fu masters. GET THE POINT!!!

and then followed that up by writing:

gm doo wai is probably a nice person but students like you and the rest that are destroying his family system

Mr tiger, what exactly are you trying to accomplish here? You state one thing as if you "know" wht you are talkin bout and then your follow up shows light on the first statement, if you read it its clear.

another thing if you are 16years pak mei, why ask what up or down movements are made? it could be construed that you really do not know any Pak Mei because a senior Pak Mei man would need to ask non clan members how any tech was done.

It also looks like you are trying repeatedly to start infighting with a clan that does not do such things -please disist with such nonsense

what do you know about any pak mei in ny?
what do you know about what a pak mei sifu thinks or wants? more importantly who needs respect?
is it one who needs some sort of validation?

other members here catch that? what your thought?

dont attack me with no kinda bs, this is quoted from your writing, im asking you to clarify.

fire burn

billy_pilgrim
11-26-2000, 11:12 PM
burn the wikked,

email sent your way...

billy_pilgrim
11-27-2000, 12:34 AM
burn the wikked,

Failure on that email...send me one if you don't mind.

billy_pilgrim20@hotmail.com

wisdom mind
11-27-2000, 01:15 AM
emial sent to hotty

fiercest tiger
11-27-2000, 01:25 AM
guys im not even going to start today, because you seem to know all but really you know jack sh!t. i though i would start a new topic to see what people now. if you dont understand the question them **** off, its that simple. also if you cant seperate the 2 at a basic level then im sorry your sifu has taught you wrong.

about the white tiger arguement its finished and worked out. ny pak mei NO COMMENT on the grandmaster there. lol joke!!!!

so which is better yin or yang? hahahaha your a idiot moq.

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

MoQ
11-27-2000, 01:35 AM
hahaha your a idiot fiercetiger.

fiercest tiger
11-27-2000, 01:51 AM
good knowledge, your sifu would be proud of you.

give me an answer fool!
/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

wisdom mind
11-27-2000, 10:16 AM
reggae and funk are good for the soul

burn them wikked mon

fire pon dem

burn

MoQ
11-27-2000, 10:22 AM
Okay, I can stand only so much BS, now I'm tired and need some rest...

Now that everything is out in the open I think we can all just relax... Ahhh, now this IS nice, isn't it? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

kull
11-27-2000, 11:55 AM
I have seen 3 Bai Mei teachers while i was in NYC, 2 of them were very impressive, one was kinda bad. I still can't get a straight answer on Bak Fu Pai? lol

fiercest tiger
11-27-2000, 02:23 PM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

BIU JI
11-27-2000, 03:45 PM
Don't bother Kull you're likely to start round 342 on the issue, the first person to post an answer will most undoubtly get crisped by team B. Hello MoQ, had your weeties have you?h /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif ≈

qy
11-27-2000, 05:40 PM
I know nothing about Bak Mei (other then how you gentalmen present yourselves here /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ). The
question seems trollish. Then I knew it was a troll thread when Fu Mei started posting, some of that was very funny. But ummm BIUJI, I know you don't REALLY want an answer to your quesstion. IF you did I think you would ask a Teacher of Bak Fu Pai. I have seen some email addresses for them on the internet. Most teachers, in general are not going to teach anything on this board. You see there are those who can act in a disrespectful way around here. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

friggin' genius
11-27-2000, 07:59 PM
I've always found that the people who practice Bak Mei, and I mean really practice Bak Mei, guys like Mantis108 and burn the wikked have always conducted themselves quite well on this forum. They have never been anything but respectful, helpful, and informative.

As for the others, their behavior would lead me to believe that it might not exactly be Bak Mei that they practice afterall.

It's also ironic how traitors always seem to find each other in the end. And it's funny that they seem to think they can learn anything from each other, and that they believe each other's BS.

kull
11-27-2000, 09:53 PM
Ok BiuJi-
I won't ask anymore,lol certainly don't want to start anything. I guess i would have to go back to old post. Since i train in Bai Mei, don't want to disappoint F.Genuis. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Buby
11-27-2000, 10:01 PM
Do you mind sharing where the 3 different schools of Bai Mei are located within NYC and which you where impressed with. If you don't want to give your opinion on this board please feel free to contact me at mystic_11206@yahoo.com

Thanks
Buby

Bastet
11-28-2000, 03:21 AM
...lets talk about good conduct, respect, and behaviour shall we?

Shaolin Master
11-28-2000, 03:28 AM
Bastet
Is FT related to you ?

What is going on all too wierd even that Fumei as well..hmm.........

MoQ
11-28-2000, 03:46 AM
Bastet, FuMei, BIU JI, lungyuil, LIN Q, Bigbear et al-
Your shi fu may want you all to stick a sock in it about now....

friggin' genius
11-28-2000, 04:10 AM
Bastet,
You're comin' to the party a little late, don't you think? Where were your posts about respect, and good conduct when your functionally illiterate "sifu" was on this very forum talkin' about "real" Bak Mei and attempting to slander the legacy of Cheung Lai Chun? You were strangely silent then...

kull
11-28-2000, 09:00 AM
It was a long time ago i was in NYC back in the late 70's and early 80's. Not sure if they are still there anymore. I just remember the shifu's last name one was Chen-something, Guang-something, and Li-something. Chen and Guang shifu was very good, they were both very powerful, and fast. I didn't think Li shifu was that good. I know Chen and Guang were both students of the great master Chueng Lai Chun.

Buby
11-28-2000, 04:45 PM
Thanks. Yea I think they no longer teach in the city at least not openly.

Thanks again,
Buby

wisdom mind
11-28-2000, 05:43 PM
FRIGGIN GENIOUS SAID:I've always found that the people who practice Bak Mei, and I mean really practice Bak Mei, like burn the wikked have always conducted "" quite well on this forum. They have never been anything but respectful, helpful, and informative.

this statement is essentially correct however i will write that i have been provoked by trolls at times and became less than friendly...later i realized my error(s) and deleted such nonsense.

so to the friends of the people of the earth, YES i have been respectful, helpful and informative...but to say that i have been "nothing" but such is not completely accurate, however I DO APPRECIATE THE "BACK UP" !on the real.

but then, if one is wikked, dont they deserve to get burned?

this prolly wasnt necessary but i have moral integrity and to the vets on the board, the above quote would appear as slightly "off" with regards to my behavior on KFO and eventually some one would probably write "but remember when wisdom said this or this?..."

hit the speedbag for new perspectives into your training, thats my tip for the day!

i and i never trolled,

always fire pon dem wikked heathen

billy_pilgrim
11-28-2000, 08:07 PM
Gotta disagree with you there friend. I think that you have ALWAYS been helpful, respectful and informative. Even when under much provocation. I am by no means a vet of this board, Kung Fu, or even life, but I would hope none of the true veterans would take issue here. I don't think that anyone would blame you for being less than friendly to those who sought to be your enemy. Take care.

Billy is NOT a PIMP!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

wisdom mind
11-28-2000, 08:38 PM
think them feel the heat yet?

illusionfist
11-28-2000, 10:32 PM
hahahahah