PDA

View Full Version : Different styles

scotty1
01-21-2002, 01:52 AM
Can someone tell me the difference between these styles please?

Yip Man, Pung Nam, Slide Body, Pao Fa Lein, Sung Nam?

Also, could somebody tell me who Kevin Chan is?

Thanks

Frank Exchange
01-21-2002, 03:36 AM
Kevin Chan is the head instructor of the Kamon Wing Chun organisation in the UK. He has quite a few clubs over the south of England.

scotty1
01-21-2002, 03:39 AM
Frank Exchange, can you tell me more?

He is giving a free demonstration in my area tonight, and thereafter starting a regular class.

Frank Exchange
01-21-2002, 08:33 AM
Black and Blue and Delicate Sound are the guys to ask about Kamon. I train elsewhere, but have been to two of Kevin's demos.

scotty1
01-21-2002, 08:45 AM
Yeah, I've just been reading you and Black and Blues conversation on another thread.
Could I ask you a favour? When I return from travelling I will be looking for Wing Chun in the Brighton area. Obviously I will check out the Kamon club, but could you email me details of your Brighton boy's club when he starts it up? Otherwise I fear I may lose the announcement when it is made on KFO.

My address is Katenscott@hotmail.com

that would be great if you wouldn't mind doing it!! :D

Cheers

scotty1
01-21-2002, 08:46 AM
And do you know any of the above styles I asked about?

Gluteus Maximus
01-22-2002, 12:58 AM
Rene Ritchie could give you lots of info about those branches, or you could read his book about the origins and different branches of Wing Chun.

Some of those styles are named after the originators of different branches.

Yip Man came from the mainland of China to Hong Kong where he taught Wing Chun. Much of the Wing Chun that spread throughout the world disseminated from his branch.

Pan Nam and Sum Nung are the names of people who developed distinctive styles in Foshan, China. Sum Nung learnt from Yuen Kay San.

I think you mean "side body", not "slide body".

Here's a link to an article about Side Body Wing Chun:

http://www.wingchunkuen.com/archives/readings/readings_gulao_fung01.shtml

Frank Exchange
01-22-2002, 03:35 AM
Will do.

Regards

Frank