PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the UK

scotty1
01-21-2002, 04:59 AM
Has anyone trained under the kamon Organisation?

I've heard loads of good things about them but their classes are quite expensive.

black and blue
01-21-2002, 05:16 AM
I train with Kamon. Where are you studying at present?

Classes aren't too expensive with us - I pay £40 per month (can train as often as you like - at which ever clubs you like).

Not too expensive - seen more expensive classes for fewer sessions elsewhere.

U thinking of coming along?

Sorry, just woken up and read your previous post. Go to the demo! You ideally need to participate in a few classes to see if it's your cup of tea, but the demo should give a taste of what Kevin and Kamon are about.

Where's the demo taking place? Frank Exchange is quite right - there are a good number of classes in the South. In all, there are about 350-400 Kamon members throughout the UK.

You can even by track pants with our logo on! Cool!

:D

Seriously, the org is good - ask Kevin any questions at the Demo. He's a very friendly, open guy.

Do you have any WC experience?

scotty1
01-21-2002, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the quick response.
I don't currently practice Wing Chun but I have done a couple of drills. Enough for me to be interested in learning more.
My GF and I are travelling through Asia in May. We are hoping to learn Wing Chun out there, either in Vietnam or China. I have been on the lookout for places to continue training WC when we get back.

Then, as if by magic, my work colleague showed me this ad for a demo by Kevin Chan in Southampton, so I looked on the website and he seems (like his system) to be extremely sound. So I think I've found where I would like to train when I get back.

The reason I say it seemed expensive is because I looked at the prices for Southampton (£35) and there's only one session a week (£8.72 a session). But in Brighton (which is the area I'll be living when I get back) there are two sessions a week, which is better value.

black and blue
01-21-2002, 07:29 AM
Let me know how China is and what the WC is like there:)

Yep - £35 a month is kinda expensive if you can only train once a week. Do you have a car?

There is also a class in Worthing - not too far from Brighton, and one also in Chichester. Post a reply regarding the demo. Oddly, I've never been to one of Kevin's demos, just classes and seminars.

There's a class in Crawley as well - not far via the motorway.

Tell us what you think of the demo tonight. Hope you enjoy it.

scotty1
01-21-2002, 08:52 AM
I've ust looked on the Kamon website and I can't see any classes in Worthing (my GF's parents live in Worthing.) Are you sure you don't mean Woking?

scotty1
01-23-2002, 03:56 AM
Went to the demo.

Now, bearing in mind that I have never really seen wing Chun in action close up before, I was impressed.

Kevin Chan really emphasised getting the fight finished in about two seconds flat. And generating great short range power.

So yeah, considering I've got no frame of comparison as far as WC goes, but I know what bad Kung Fu looks like, I was impressed. And everything Chan said about self defence was good sense.