PDA

View Full Version : Entry techniques

BIU JI
11-25-2000, 03:51 PM
What techniques would you use to set up your apponent?

BIU JI
11-26-2000, 12:50 AM
Remember it's just a discussion no-ones trying to steal your moves.I was told to actually start a thread instead of just taking the micky but where are the guys who said this , come on please!In case I didn't make sense the question is about how would you start the fight instead of waiting for the other person to, gaining entry into his gaurd.

likuei
11-26-2000, 03:07 AM
Make contact.

Force contact by striking straight to the center. Use the feet to control his feet. If he doesn't stop the fist, extend the fingers into a soft spot (throat or eyes) then close with the fingers to the thumb and continue striking with the free hand.

Use the forearms to control. If he grabs the wrist, then turn and strike with the elbow. If he grabs the elbow, strike with the hand.

BIU JI
11-26-2000, 06:26 AM
With the initial strike are you redirecting from chest level to the throat as a double jab? Is this SMantis?

fiercest tiger
11-26-2000, 02:03 PM
i may fake a dan gerk, nailing kick, follow by soy kuil smashing bridge, buil jee to eyes or throat, while grinding the leg or sweep it, trip it, if he falls i would stomp on his neck. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

just a basic low fake and go high back to low, nothing special.

what technique would you use buil jee?
/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

MaFuYee
11-26-2000, 05:22 PM
what technique do i use to enter? - No Technique. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Black Jack
11-27-2000, 01:55 AM
In the probing or what is know as the interception stage of JKD there is a number of tools that I use.

1. Eye Jabs/Finger Strikes to the eyes
2. Boxing Jab
2. Shovel Hook Kick to the groin
3. Panajackman or Thai kick to the Thigh.

The goal of the probing or what you are calling the entry stage is to inflict pain at the onset of the fight so you can bridge the gap and bring your bigger guns to play that will take the sucker out.

Our Entry stage has its own set of guidlines that include putting pressure on the target intell you can bridge the gap and take him down.

Straightblasting, boxing and inside shooting tools to the clinch are used in this stage.

Our stages (not ranges) go like this:

Probing Stage: Goal is to inflict pain
Entry Stage: Goal is to inflict pressure
Heavy Artillery Stage: Goal is to inflict maximum damage using your big guns.

The fight can end in any of these stages at any time. This is just a means to analyze what the different stages of combat are and what are the best tools that you have to accomplish these goals.

Regards

BIU JI
11-27-2000, 03:33 PM
Perhaps start with a jab or Biu ji (excuse the pun)to the head make him react to that moving his head to avoid or trap it then But Choy to the liver followed by Chun Choy , using half steps with each strike to charge his stance.

MaFuYee
11-27-2000, 04:59 PM
No Technique is the best.

Wah Ren Jie
11-27-2000, 09:50 PM
Try a double attack. biu jee to the eyes while kicking to the groin. One should connect, not a lot of power is required as you are attacking vital points, and as soon as you plant the kicking foot, the distraction to your opponent and the stepping should get you close enough to flow into many different attack techniques.