PDA

View Full Version : Bagua Quan and Xing-I in NYC

Eight_Triagram_Boxer
01-21-2002, 08:08 PM
Hello everyone...
I just wanted to let some people know that my teacher, Mr. Chen Bong (David Chen), will be openning new classes for beginners in Bagua and Xing-I. These classes will be held on Wednesday and Saturday nights. The exact time has yet to be established. The regular classes on Monday and Thursday morning and Tuesday and Friday evenings will still be the same.

I'm sorry for all of those people not interested or those that think I'm promoting but I have been asked by some members for listings of classes and updates to the schedule. It's easier than writing e-mails. Sorry...

If anyone wants more information please contact me at baguaboxer@aol.com or call the school at 212.226.1792

maoshan
01-21-2002, 08:18 PM
Eight_Triagram_Boxer

[ those that think I'm promoting ]

Don't worry about it man, Me and TBT were acussed of doing the same thing back when we first started to post.

good luck

Maoshan

count
01-21-2002, 09:16 PM
Promote your ass off;)

Eight_Triagram_Boxer
01-21-2002, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the support. Haha...

Eight_Triagram_Boxer
01-22-2002, 10:56 AM
Eh, have to do it...
:)

hkphooey
01-22-2002, 11:12 AM

doesn't NY have enough xing-i/bagua people?? can't a few of you folks come out to seattle?????
=)

Eight_Triagram_Boxer
01-22-2002, 02:16 PM
Sorry Hkphooey...
However, I think most people in NYC would agree with me that quantity doesn't equal quality when it comes to the bagua teachers here. We do have a bunch but, that's all. Haahaa...

hkphooey
01-22-2002, 02:41 PM
i can appreciate the quality vs quantity argument. truly, i can. but it only really works if there exists a "quantity" with which to compare things to. and there isn't in this case. you know?

it's the rain...isn't it...???

Eight_Triagram_Boxer
01-22-2002, 11:19 PM
Hahaha...
Poor guy...

count
01-23-2002, 07:28 AM
Do you have a bagua teacher in Seattle? I have at least 6 WA based bagua schools listed in my bagua schools directory (http://kabooom.com/htmls/baguaschools.html) at my website. I have even heard good things about a couple of them;)

Ray Pina
01-23-2002, 07:28 AM
ETB, your gung fu was looking good last night.

hkphooey
01-23-2002, 09:46 AM
hi count

thanks for the listing...

glenn wright is one of Park's top guys but he no longer lives here. there is still a very small group of Park's here though, and i have trained with them a little. i liked it a lot but it's a little "spendy" for me right now. many of the other people on the list are really taiji guys, with a little bagua experience. i may revisit one of them though to see what his background really is. i'd really like to get a yin style study group going here. i did some stuff with jinbao last fall and loved it.

and thanks to everyone for having pity on my rain-drenched, bagua-absent soul. =)

p.s. if anyone out there can tell me who that "robert fong" is in bellingham (see count's list), i'd appreciate it. i've never heard of him.

Eight_Triagram_Boxer
01-23-2002, 10:18 AM
Thanks man, you're looking pretty good yourself. That stuff gets hard though. Makes me hungry as hell too...

hkphooey
01-23-2002, 02:39 PM
thanks bro.

i'll see what i can dig up.

Eight_Triagram_Boxer
01-25-2002, 12:20 PM
Well, for those who have asked and are interested, the schedule for Bagua and Xing-I classes has been established. The schedule is as follows:

Wednesday 7:00 pm-8:30 pm Bagua
9:00 pm-10:00 pm Xing-I

Saturday 7:00 pm-8:30 pm Bagua
9:00 pm-10:00 pm Xing-I

Please remember that these are the beginner classes. If anyone is interested you can either call or stop in for the first class which will be held on Saturday February 2, 2002. This will be an introductory. Visitors are welcome to observe a class and/or talk to Mr. Chen.

The school is located at:
161 Bowery
7th Floor

Between Delancy and Broome.

hkphooey
01-28-2002, 08:53 AM
yeah...i know andy dale. i think i'll leave it at that. =)

thanks for the info though!!

Eight_Triagram_Boxer
01-31-2002, 07:56 PM
To all of those I have spoken with and those I haven't... Just wanted to remind you that classes begin this Saturday... Starting time is 7:00 but you can get there half an hour early. Hope to see you there.