PDA

View Full Version : Martial Arts In Movies?

Furious Tiger
01-22-2002, 04:39 PM
Have you seen the documentary on the connection between Shao Lin Gung Fu and Pei King Opera? It was hosted by Samuel Jackson. Very interesting and informative. I highly suggest anyone who is interested in adding movie knowledge to their repetuar (is that how it's spelled? LOL!) try and catch it. Here in NYC it was broadcasted on the Action Channel.

David Jamieson
01-23-2002, 07:27 PM
repertoire.

peace

hint: red boats

Shaolindynasty
01-24-2002, 10:23 AM
I saw it on encore last week. It was suprisingly informative. I thought it was just going to show some fight scenes and tell about Jackie, Jet and Bruce. The show was geared towards the history of Hong kong cinema. I taped it, it was very interesting. I bet Gene would have gotten a kick out of it.

Furious Tiger
01-24-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
repertoire.

peace

hint: red boats

Thanks Kung Lek, I was too lazy that night to do the spell check ;)

Furious Tiger
01-24-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Shaolindynasty
I saw it on encore last week. It was suprisingly informative. I thought it was just going to show some fight scenes and tell about Jackie, Jet and Bruce. The show was geared towards the history of Hong kong cinema. I taped it, it was very interesting. I bet Gene would have gotten a kick out of it.

I too found it very interesting. I am alway craming to find information on CMA and anything else related. I have recently cought the Video Editing Bug and in the brginings of my research. I found the Docu very inspiring. You know, When I bought my DVD Player, the first thing that I did was toss the VCR. Stupid me, I really thought that It was absolete and that I was never going to need it ever again. HA! I was so wrong. Now I have to go out a get a VCR. ARRGH!