PDA

View Full Version : Multiple rants!

qeySuS
01-22-2002, 08:34 PM
#1 What are the symptoms of hernia? Someone said i might have it since i feel i've become so much more sensitive to kicks to the stomach area, of course getting kicked there isnt COMFORTABLE normally, but this is much worse then i'm accustumed to (and no it's not because i'm bruised there). I was just wondering if there was any particular reason for this, someone said hernia but that sounds so serious, and i dont feel anything else wrong with my stomach, digestion is fine, i dont feel any pains during the day and i do crunches a lot and dont feel a thing.

#2 **** IT SUCKS NOT HAVING ANY TRAINING TOOLS AT HOME, i'm CONSTANTLy thinking "**** i wanna kick something" and i need a heavybag at home desperetly! Man would that make me happy, i always learn some new small tweaks to kicks in class but dont get a lot of time to train them, and since the gym is a multiple use one the heavybag isnt up during the day (it's locked away in a closet), so i cant train there outside of class (not on the heavybag at least), **** i learned a cool tweak before and i wanna perfect it and get it right, but i cant, sigh.

#3 Nothing ****es me off more then applying for a job and never getting any responses, i applied for a way cool job in OKTOBER! and never got any answer, i've been sending them emails periodicly and they always say they havent hired yet. I know i'm propably the #1 candidate for the job, and they'r waiting to get more money into the company btu still, it sucks when employers dont see a need to inform applicants if tehy got the job or not. I just hope they get money soon because if i dont get this job i properbly wont go out to USA and train, and next year will be the summer before i go to college (hopefully) so i wont go then, and in college i wont go, so this is kinda my lsat chance :/ (unless someone gives me 20.000$ for USA college).

End of rant.

On a sidenote my teacher won the Scandinavia championship in WTF sparring (keeping his winning streak from last year, he won all competitions last year except for one in germany where he got to the finals but bowed out because of an injury and got placed 3rd). Always nice to know your teacher isnt a fraud, makes you more confident in what he teaches you.

prana
01-22-2002, 08:46 PM
if you r00t boxes, why not work for a net-security company ? Big pay !

Improvise. I built my own hangboard for training. I also built a system wall years ago for training. Alcheapo but works great !

Good luck !

qeySuS
01-22-2002, 08:54 PM
heh it's actually a job at a gaming company, nothing big, not like programming or anything, but it would mean lots of work plus it's a really neat company.

Btw i forgot to mention my room is too small for any workout equipment.

Paul
01-22-2002, 09:04 PM
Nothing ****es me off more then applying for a job and never getting any responses,

that's been happening to me a lot lately. I've been applying for jobs that I'm totally qualified for and not hearing anything back. It sucks. stupid silicon valley.

**** IT SUCKS NOT HAVING ANY TRAINING TOOLS AT HOME

I get by ok, I get enough time on that stuff during class time.

QUOTE]What are the symptoms of hernia[/QUOTE]

hernias are usually the result of a weakened abdominal wall. there could be a bulge at the site and pain.

red_fists
01-22-2002, 09:08 PM
Hi.

For training tools at home. Not sure if it will work for you.

A friend of mine made himself a few striking/kicking Posts at home by wrapping and fixing the following things to certain things like Doorposts, Roof supports in the Garage

1st layer: Wool Blanket
2nd Layer: Wool Blanket
3rd Layer : Leather sheet.

Depending on what he trains for he inserts different thigns between the Layers: Wood Metal Sheets, extra Blanket, etc.

Also since those things are not fixed he can change them in height for strikes, kicks,etc.

Hope this helps.

Ky-Fi
01-22-2002, 09:19 PM
I had a hernia operation about 10 years ago. As mentioned, a hernia (there's different types, I think I had an Inguinal ?) is a tear in the wall of the abdomen, and basically what happens is that your intestines are continually pushing against that tear--often slowly making it bigger, and it can't repair itself. I would just get the occasional dull ache in my lower abdomen, and sometimes it would ache more if I did any heavy lifting. It didn't really bother me that much, but I've always been pretty athletic and the idea of this just being there permanently wasn't too appealing. It's not really that serious an operation--I didn't stay overnight in the hospital. If you don't have any pain, you probably don't have one, but check with the doc.

qeySuS
01-22-2002, 09:27 PM
Yah i'll go to the doctor tomorrow, i'll ask him about this freaky discolored lump just above the waistline on my back. Hate when i find stuff like this, chances are it's nothing (especially since i've never ntoiced it before and cancer doesnt grow THIS much in a matter of days). But still scary,