PDA

View Full Version : Bak fu subsystems

Turiyan
12-01-2000, 02:44 AM
The topic is closed so let me start a new tangent with REAL content.

First of all, if people dont know what a rhetorical question is. Finish high school first.

Just because any idiot can get a computer, log on and participate in discussions ANYWHERE doesnt mean they should.

The comment about extrapolating from manuals is dead on. A lot of bak fu is from manuals, scrolls, whatever.

In fact, I didnt post this here, but I found a contact in hong kong that says there was a old man selling these thick books years ago (he died) with herbal formulas, forms, ect that was supposed to come from a "shaolin temple".

He only had several copys and sold them for a high price (its hong kong). I cant wait to see the text myself. Sounds strangly famililar to the stuff doo puts out.

What goes on here and on other boards and lists is completely rediculous. People claiming to have black belts in mongolian wrestling.

Cronyism abound. Defending san soo and kenpo as legitimate martial arts systems. Like doing kenpo makes you as good as ed parker or his eruditionism?

Guys will defend something "just because". Brotherhood? Give it up. Make peace with your own family first.

Argument by misdirection: All the bfp cronys. Explain where doo learned wing chun. Because his two sons dont remember him being around. Nor any of his other family.

Secret kicking form? Puhlease.

Bak mei: Same story.
Southern mantis: Same story.

Those other forms are obscure. But it takes nerve to stake claim on someone elses fairly tight systems.

BFP Pay-per-view kung fu methodolgy:

Break something down to levels. Sell a "level" for thousands of dollars and a "title" to that "system".

Doo had bak mei in three levels for thousands each.

Iron palm coconut break levels 1-3 for $5k a piece I believe.

Lets talk about the herbal formula's. Many are very dangerous. No one can read them. I passed on to one of my contact. She says "Was written by non-native or someone not formally taught".

Now isnt THAT interesting... Then again, it may not mean much. I mean it seem most of the 'internal' bfp stuff is of alien origin.

Where in the whole canon of dao yin and chi kung do you have PERCENTAGE BREATH SEQUENCES. I mean come on.

You should read a message in the kung fool list archives where rizzo compares san shou to wcw wrestling. I'm saying the thinks its REAL!

He was talking about doo's demo of wing chuns "secret kicking form" and how the next day they got over 300 phone calls from all over the world.

About what? Thats the point. You cant get the full truth from these people. Truth is being as accurate as possible. Period.

I'm devoting no more time to this silly issue at this moment. More later if your lucky.

Turiyan, Brahmin caste, Ordos clan

The REAL taichi:
http://www.wfdesign.com/tc/
http://www.wustyle.com/108.html

billy_pilgrim
12-01-2000, 06:43 PM
Well, I must say, you've got that Charles Manson monologue down to a science. At least with his parole hearings we get some expletives and sudden body movements, making the whole affair a kind of "punk theater", but with you I'm afraid we don't have the visuals to go with the diatribe, so I guess some of us will just have to visualize...

The last time you were on this forum couching your BFP "questions" in a similar stream of consciousness rant, you were asked pointedly to state whatever experience you had with the system and where any of your BFP "knowledge" comes from. Instead of answering the questions and continueing the dialogue you disappeared for a couple of months. I guess you felt safe lobbing your questions in the dark but when the light was turned on you scurried under the nearest refrigerator...now I guess you think it's safe to come out again, but the same questions remain for you.
You seem to be mistaking Rizzo for Lacy (not the only mistake you make, and certainly not the first or last), and of course, most of the info you cite in this post as coming from BFP, comes in FACT from a nutcase in Jacumba whose every word you seem to hang on as if it was written in stone.
Your knowledge of the system and GM Doo doesn't seem to go beyond Lacy and his website, and if it does, by all means, share what you know and don't be afraid to name names.
Ah, but since you already told us that you would not be devoting anymore time to this silly issue, I guess we'll just have to be wonderin' about those questions and about why someone of such a high caste would care about what us plebs do in our spare time or how we choose to spend our paltry dollars.

By the way, how's mom doing? You and her screen anymore mail order Kung Fu vids lately? Got any reviews you'd like to share?

Tou Dai English
12-04-2000, 12:10 PM
Have you studied under Sifu Rizzo before? Cause if you had, then you would understand one thing, that most of the martial arts today are *******ized versions of their former selves. Can you honestly name one master out there that can list his art's complete lineage besides Sifu Rizzo? I seriously doubt it. This is why he chides other martial arts. Because they are faking their so-called power. If you had trained under Sifu Rizzo, you would have also known that most of what you said about BFP and subsystems comes from the mouth of Jim Lacy. As you may have heard, Lacy is a weasel. He disperses false info about martial arts and people buy into it. So, in the future, please do not post what you don't know to be true. Don't bad-mouth one of the most respected masters of a martial arts system unless you got the proof. And even then, show so respect and do it in a more proper manner. Don't come here and try to ruin what Sifu Rizzo and the students of Bakfupai have protected with their lives.