PDA

View Full Version : Your Cardio workout

Kungfu boy
01-22-2002, 10:58 PM
Hello All

Just wanting to know some of you guys cardio routines. Are you running for distance or time etc.

Who here uses a treadmill and who uses the eliptical machines? Or do yopu use both? What about bikes?

I run about a 5-10 warmup before my workout, then go do weights. Then I do my cardio which is mainly running for 15 minutes or so with some swimming mixed in.

What about you guys?

Brian a.k.a. Kungfu Boy

IronFist
01-23-2002, 12:32 AM
My cardio is walking to classes every day :)

Iron

Robinf
01-23-2002, 07:41 AM
I'm addicted to the elliptical machine, but I only do that for my warmup before I resistance train.

Other than that, my training serves as most of my cardio. I do enjoy jogging on Sunday morning before settling down with the paper.

Robin

01-23-2002, 09:21 AM
I like to run 3 miles a week(1 mile x3) and my training is extreme cardio, so I use both.

xiong
01-23-2002, 09:23 AM
I use an acient nordic track that I inherited, 15 to 20 min. I should be on it right now instead of sitting here.

Otherwise I try to go through my forms multiple times to build up stamina.

hkphooey
01-23-2002, 09:32 AM
i do 4 to 5 cardio sessions of 20-30 minutes apiece a week. and i do them at a pretty high intensity. then some days i'll go do something really big (i am fortunate enough to live near mountains). my training isn't just about MA though, so i can't speak from a strictly MA standpoint.

SevenStar
01-23-2002, 10:14 PM
I used to run on the treadmill for three hours per session, in addition to shadowboxing and forms. Here lately I've been substituting running for jumping rope, as I did when I was in muay thai. That works for me, as I hate running anyway - Well, I like running, but bore quickly when I'm alone. Running is the only thing that does this to me. Anyway, My current regimen is 2-3 hours daily and I'd say approx. an hour of it is cardio.

scotty1
01-24-2002, 06:29 AM
Runnings cool, but vary the pace so that you don't end up where you can go for an hour at a slow pace but can't last a minute intense activity.

Kungfu boy
01-25-2002, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the responses guys and gals.

Robin, I can understand your addiction. Alot of people I know love those ellipitical machine. It was a cardio and resistance training exercise all in one. Thats kind of what I like about swimming. Basically the same effect for me.

I really need to turn up the cardio factor of my workouts. I've kinda been slacking in it. Thanks guys for the info.

Brian

buksing_king
01-26-2002, 09:28 AM
Hi I was wandering if any of you guys just skip for your cardio ?

If so ..... how long for ? or about how many skips do you do ? i normaly do 500 to warm up

NPMantis
01-27-2002, 03:47 PM
Hey mate,

my cardio workout is: (leave no gaps, should take approx 1 - 1 1/2 hours, it's quite varied with stretching in middle)

- First I rotate all joints to warm them and stretch gently
- Practice kicks using leg weights, 20 of each type of kick on each leg
- 4 sets of pushups (with feet on table using knuckles) and 4 sets of ab exercises, changing between each push-ups and abs after each set
- Various running on spot exercises, eg. star jumps, hops, etc.
- Practice horse stance and grip work simultaneously then do neck strengthening exercises and a few weight training exercises for various parts of body using dumbbells with no rest between

-now relax and stretch all muscles

- various kicking and punching drills - get a chair and kick around it - above, below, etc. do many fast punches, use weights too with your punches. for around half an hour.
- 15-20 minutes of cycling to finish off

Now go and have a well deserved shower!