PDA

View Full Version : Yee Hung ga vs Hung gar

hungga_disciple
11-30-2000, 09:53 PM
I was wondering is there a difference in the any of the forms?

hasayfu
12-01-2000, 01:07 AM
Yee's Hung Ga is Hung ga. So are all the other lineages. Are there differences? Yes. There are more similarities between them though.

No one line can claim to be "true" Hung Gar.

HitWah
12-01-2000, 11:20 PM
We are all one family. There is no VS. anyone. Except fighting myself to stay down longer in horse stance.

KillerSloth
12-05-2000, 06:06 AM
but i have a few questions for you Hung ga Disciple.
which branch you go to?
how long you been doing hung ga?
and why did you post up this question?

Hung ga is a big family. there's no who vs who.is no good.
thanks

hungga_disciple
12-05-2000, 06:18 AM
I haven't started yet so I don't know after month of looking into martial arts I have decided that hung gar is the one for me. I will be going to the staten island yee hung ga branch once I get enough free time to get over there. Only asked cause I have seen slight differences in styles on the same branch for some arts.

DF
12-05-2000, 07:31 AM
Hi Friend,

I can understand the needs to resarch a style and a school before you commit your time and money into it. However the way you posted the question might creat misunderstanding and misinterpertation. I am sure you did not have any bad intention and not aware how sensitive certain issues are; and ; you are only seeking advices from the members of this forum.

I am very glad that the members of this forum and all the Hung Ga brothers and sisters have been very tolerant on this thread.

The reason I am responding to this thread is because our school's name was mentioned.
We feel honor that you ( Hung Ga Disciple) are considering our school, however there are somethings you should know before hand. At Yee's Hung Ga Kung Fu Association, we have very strict rules. One of them is that members of the Yee's Hung Ga Kung Fu association are not allowed to post on any public forum or make any public statement without the approval from myself or Sifu Frank Yee. We are a school that takes responsilities in our words and actions. When we do decide to comment on any subject, we will let the public know where and from whom it is from.

Sometimes choosing the right style is important, but it is also as important that you find yourself comfortable with the social culture of the school.

Good luck in your journy

peace

Dixon Fung
Yee's Hung Ga