PDA

View Full Version : Maoshan - Skills Article

wisdom mind
01-23-2002, 09:06 AM
Hello Sifu Hill, long time....

I was looking at your site www.heavenlydivinepalm.com and read your article Skills. The dude at the top left walking in the brownish pic....is he in the lower basin? What style is he doing? if he is actually walking in a circle like that? **** I aspire to walk like that one day Word!

I was moved to post when i read the line from that article that said "Normally the average person cannot lift a car because they know they “can't . GET IT?"

I think that this line is important and holds a key to overstanding the internal arts. I will say more when the words come to me, now the idea is there but I cant apply the correct language to get my point across...good site! keep up the good works.

see you around

yi wu yin fu crew

count
01-23-2002, 09:49 AM
I'm guessing Fu style on the photo:)

The woman who picked the car up off her child. She died after the feat only because her body was not prepared to issue that kind of energy in a flash. Therefore, in simple terms she burned out. The point is the word “can't” Left her psyche.
True but as an important caution, All fire with no water is a deadly approach and can burn you up!;)

Ben, can you e-mail me about the availability and cost of some rooster daggers I saw listed on your site?

Ray Pina
01-23-2002, 11:32 AM
Wisdom Mind, are you Rasta? I noticed you said overstand, instead of understand.

wisdom mind
01-23-2002, 01:40 PM
It really depends on how one defines rasta...

In an esoteric sence, sure I could be called rasta. I have rasta brethren and I apply many Rasta principles to my lifestyle.
I give praise to the eternal Mother Jah when it is due.
I Lift the chalice and
I can overstand and speak patois (Jamaican slanguage).
at the same time...
I dont have dreads or wear flags of HIM Selassie I Emperor of Ethiopia and IandI lack Melanin.

I respect HIM's words and find inspiration in his speeches and writings. I am not African so I can only observe the teachings and apply that knowledge to my personal cultural overstanding.

So in that sence I could never be a Rasta because it stems from African and West Indian cultures. Roberst Anesta Marley (Bob Marley) had one white parent. Does that make him more or less of a dread?
That could be an entire thread to itself...

I do produce reggae music and dancehall artists.

I use many principles from Taoism, so at the same time I could be considered Taoist as well. I pray/Iditate and read the Koran so I could also be considered a true Muslim as well.
definition of the word Muslim means "one who prays"...it does not deal with a religion in the literal sence of the word. meaning Jews and Christians are Muslims...

I practice Yin Style Ba gua so I could be called a Ba gua player...at the same time ya cyant forget the Mantis or Crane :)

I try not to label myself. So in short the answer would be YES and NO...Taoist enuff for ya? LOL :)

I suppose it really depends on who is asking the question and what their beliefs are.

you will know truth when you see it.

since this has been a Rasta related reply, I will quote
the Bingi Dread Prophet, Sizzla Kolange who sang in the song "Children"

"Babylon build them cities and
Break their own laws, but still we must live amoungst them...always remember that fools get caught..."

Yi Wu Yin Fu crew

blacktaoist
01-23-2002, 01:41 PM
Wisdom Mind, the BaGuaZhang practitioner in that photo I think is, Sun XI Jun. And his style of BaGuaZhang is Cheng style. But I can be wrong". Also all styles of BaGuaZhang have lower basain training.

The lower Basin is practice to build up and give power to the legs and abdominal muscles. But it is the most difficult walking method to learn to perform right.

Good Article Maoshan, Also whats up with my BaGuaZhang big sabre? I sent you a e-mail but you never got back, I also call your house no body pick up.

Yo. I sent you a cory of the BaguaZhang videos(Su Si Xi) note-don't sell". and the Ba Gua long sword. You should have in a few days.

Now that I hook you up. Its only right that you hook me up. I'm off to day, so I'll be home give me a call. Also I need a cory of that BaGuaZhang crescent moon swords video. (you know what tape I'm talking about".)

Also in one of the photo in your skill article you are holding the Ba Gua needles. I can't find my needles...........MMMMMMMMM

Call me.:confused:

count
01-23-2002, 02:03 PM
The lower Basin is practice to build up and give power to the legs and abdominal muscles. But it is the most difficult walking method to learn to perform right.

Towards the bottom of the page there is a thread called Bagua exercises (http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=7330). On the last page of the thread is a brief discussion that maoshan and I had on lower basin, middle and upper basin training. I wonder if you could add some comments to that.:)

wisdom mind
01-23-2002, 02:04 PM
you said

"The lower Basin is practice to build up and give power to the legs and abdominal muscles. But it is the most difficult walking method to learn to perform right."

I thought that this is the case....is it true one can only get the lower basin if he does not ejaculate for 3 years straight? I read that somewhere, I think in an interview of some old master...

Im walkin and preparing to move...today at lunch I practiced my change and I lost track of time...I found stillness within the movement .VERYcool. I will talk to you soon, I would like some feedback on my development and what not!

Yi Wu

Ray Pina
01-23-2002, 02:08 PM
So you smoke a lot of pot, huh.

Just kidding. I get what you are saying, a little too thought out for me, but I hear ya.

Do you know Iration Squad? They're a pretty good reggea band that plays in the city a lot. A bunch of good guys. I'm good friends with the keyboard player and know the others.

wisdom mind
01-23-2002, 02:33 PM
I like the name. Do they have a website or demo? I have a need for some Reggae vocals on some tracks that will make it to the clubs, possibly radio, etc.... maybe this could be a good link.

My production company has a site, its in re-development right now so all info is down. It will be back up in March.
www.rewlghetto.com

Where does the squad play at?
Im always looking to parlay with serious musicains.

burn the wikked

blacktaoist
01-23-2002, 05:50 PM
Count) On the last page of the thread is a brief discussion that maoshan and I had on lower basin, middle and upper basin training. I wonder if you could add some comments to that.

BT) Count I feel you and maoshen are giving to much information out. My opinion is you guys should just write more good articles for your web site. Why write good information on BaGuaZhang and just put it on kung fu on line.

In my own opinion is a waste of time, and time you guys could have utilze to write more artices for your web site and up date it.

I only post when I feel like it.

Also my sifu told me to stop posting alot of information. If people want information let them go to your web site. I feel you guy should do the same.

Think about it Count, how many people up here have real information, Something that makes you think?

Not many in my viewpoint". This is why I don't post much, I feel its a waste of time. Now I post when I'm in the move.

Wisdom Mind) I thought that this is the case....is it true one can only get the lower basin if he does not ejaculate for 3 years straight? I read that somewhere, I think in an interview of some old master...

This is the case, the lower basin is not easy. Its had work". Hard work" few BaguaZhang practitioners will put the time in to practice this walk of hell method. I call this method the walk of hell because your legs and even your body will feel like your on fire". You will feel like you are walking in a pot of hot water. This BaGuaZhang method is no joke.

The old master is right sex have a let to do with your developing this method. When practicing this method you are developing a lot of Yang Chi(energy)in your legs that can soon stimulate your entire body. This is way many BaGua practitioners that practice this lower Basin method body feel hot when practicing this walking method.

My own experience is the old man is right In his view about sex and ejaculate. But my own opinion is a person can get the lower basin within 6 months to a year. But if the person have sex and ejaculate it will be hard as hell for him to walk in a lower basin easy as before, then he did before he had sex and elaculate.

You see, when you practice lower basin you are developing your legs, lungs, yang Chi and entire physical condition. I say after 6 months of practicing this method you will feel powerful and you can feel the energy move or flow in your body. Man , your mindset will be such, that you fear no man on earth. This is the kind of yang energy you will develop from practicing lower basin walking right. You will have a more chi energy for your body and even mind (YI)

But if you have sex and ejaculate, All your time and practice in this method will have been a waste". You will feel the big different in your enengy and mindset if you have sex and ejaculate, then if you didn't have sex and ejaculate.

For you to understand what I'm talking about. Try this:
Practice nothing but the first Yin Style single change of palm, walking the circle for two hours walking in just the middle basin for just three months, and no sex".

I put money down that if you practice just walking for there months with out sex you will develop a lot of chi Enengy. You will develop more of a yin and yang enengy, because your walking is higher then a lower basin that is harder". So a higher walking method develop more of a balance enengy Yin and Yang. Lower basin is more for the developing of yang enengy- kind of lighting a fire in your body faster"

Now after your three months is up, if you have sex and ejaculate. You will not feel as powerful as you first did before you had sex and all the chi you develop is now gone. All the time and enengy you put in to your BaGuaZhang practice was for nothing. You better out practicing an external martial art.(Earth plane level fighting) You know what i'm talking about.

Call me tonight and we can talk more about this. You know I don't like to talk about shen spiritually to much on kung fu on line. I like people to think I'm just about fighting...........LOL

Peace, Practice and live long

:D

Water Dragon
01-23-2002, 06:51 PM
Great article Maoshan. Should've wrote it in regards to CMA in general. about 95 % of it is not Bagua specific.

count
01-23-2002, 08:55 PM
But I think you give way more information out than me:confused: Nuff said

maoshan
01-23-2002, 09:14 PM
Peace All

The Black taoist is correct. It is sun Si jun practicing the 9 Palace Style of Cheng Ting Hua What he's doing is called the extended Mud walk. It's just as hard as the lower Basin to do.

Thanks for the complement everyone.

Waterdragon,
The article wasn't Ba-Gua Specific, It was for all CMA in general.
The level of true skill across the board is of a low level.

Count,
the shipments from China are on hold for the time being as soon as we resume I'll be in touch.

BlackTaoist,
I'll call you so I can let you know what's up. I've been running a lot lately.

Yi Wu,
Check this out, You cool an all, but Why wern't you at the seminar this weekend? I ask because you come online and make it clear that the blacktaoist is your Sifu. Now dig this, We come from a tradition that a student is a representation of his sifu. If you get beat the hell up, it's a reflection on him and we live by that.
he hasn't spoke on it but I am. How do you call him Sifu when you have not been around? In one of the threads i posted you made some deep claims as to how you train. Stop frontin! You endanger my classmates repatation. I know you. You fought so many people in a bar and didn't get touched? We don't even make claims like that and we fight. 3hrs a day of training. RIGHT!
If this is the case and I'M wrong go see your teacher and let him test you I'll take it all back. If not I'll test you When I get back there. We don't need someone in our own camp doing what we hate most about posting online, DESKTOP WARRIORS!
and know this, I haven't forgotten the incident, I just never baught it to you. If your going to be hard than be so and represent other than that step. We don't need that.
you know what i'm sayin

maoshan

Justa Man
01-23-2002, 10:24 PM
Yi Wu,
Sizzla is the man. I give mad thanks and praise for the blessing of his direction and expression. I can't really get down with Bingi Dreads....they're too militant for my view, but it's all love regardless.

Ray Pina
01-24-2002, 07:55 AM
Wisdom Mind, they are at irationsquad.com.

Really good guys. You probbaly know Little Dave, he's been around the music scene for a while -- maybe know him if you see him. He's on vocals.

Anyway, they have been playing at the Down Time alot, they played the Wetlands a few times, another place downtonw (forget the name now) and The Lion's Den.

They have some great originals as well as do some great Tosh, Marley, ect. covers.

Members from Marlkey's original band actually caught there show a few months ago and booked them for a summer tour. Really good, should check them out. Funky, soulful, serious musicians.

wisdom mind
01-24-2002, 09:36 AM
I feel that your questioning of Novell being my Sifu is a matter that should be taken behind doors, if Nov has told you differently then I sincerely hope that either you or he will call me and tell me that I am not part of your Ba Gua camp because it was my overstanding that I am learning Yin Fu Ba Gua from the Blacktaoist. When I say to him "hey Sifu" he answers me...He gave me a new name....If I am not his student then please LET ME KNOW
I DO NOT want to rep something Im not a part of.

Im sure that all of KFO went ooooooooooo when they read your inquisitive remarks so lets entertain them shall we?

I was not at the seminar because the ceiling in my apartment caved in on me and my wife last week and we are packing to move...sewage and plaster fell on us as we slept. Nothing like waking up in others peoples waste know what Im sayin'?

This might not seem like a big deal to you Ben but the house is totally ruined and we have been constructively evicted. Ive been homeless before and when I see a situation that could have me back on the street, I do what ever I have to to stay out of the crack and prostitute ridden motels that are the alternative to the street. THATS why I was not there on Saturday.

I have been training like never before and you will see this if we ever do meet agian. I consider myself a kung fu novice and I am not challenging you or your group. I called Black well in advance to let him know I could not make it due to a life crisis, I did not stand the group up.

Stop frontin! You endanger my classmates repatation.

I agree with you on this! by fronting one does cause attention to be drawn to themselves and their associates.
I am not "fronting" as you say. Black's rep is solid Im sure and if anyone needs verification you and I know that they will get served by Novell.

what exactly is your beef? i have no issues with you.
You met me last year and we discussed a few things...there are many layers to knowing a person...
Are you calling me a liar?
why are you putting my reputation in question on a public forum?

My story is true and it did happen, there are witnesses I can provide for you. Read the story line for line and ask me anything you want. Do it on email please I wont reply here ever again.

I was proud to write that story because it did happen and I wanted to let people know that kung fu does work in application.
So many people dis the Internal and I had a true story to share about how the methods you and Black are preserving and teaching WORK.

If I appeared to be boasting then I apologize to the Brothers of Wu Organization and your Research Foundation. It is not my intention to appear arrogant or anything I was just expressing myself illustrating truth with fact.

I am concerned with developing my skills not proving anything to you sir. I will stop by once my move is complete for evaluation and lessons but not with the intent of "showing" anyone anything... Im not interested in boasting. Im just a beginner.

The point of my story of the attackers was that I was SOFT anyways not HARD. :)

and know this, I haven't forgotten the incident, I just never baught it to you.

Maoshan
What incident? I can think of more than one that we can smooth out....Call me if you have a problem with me Id love to work it out...or I can just simply dis-appear never to be seen or heard from again by you....till I hit the radio and TV that is...

Bring your beef to me now because there are obvious issues we should work out G, or just get over it, there is no need for tension between us, whether Im training with you all or not.

FROM NOW FORWARD Please keep our issues between us as KFO does not need to know about Either of our Pasts know what I mean? :)

Blacktaoist, please email or call me if you do not want me as your student, I am training every day and I will continue to as you say "Practice and live long" regardless.
I enjoy your teachings and get a great deal from being your "friend". It is my intention to study the Arts and to grow as a person. I value what I already have learned and I will practice your methods till my physical death no matter what your descision is.
I do not want to say that you are my Sifu if you are talking with Ben Hill behind my back like im not, thats playin ME and its not fair if this is the case.
Lets keep family business between ourselves.
If you tell me to go, I wish you and your organization the best in health and longevity! I know that you will be a success in your endeavors. I could go on but I will save the rest for when we speak rather than laying out all of my business on this flocking desktop.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM WISDOM MIND AKA BURN THE WIKKED AKA CENTERLINE VORTEX AKA YI WU:

I will no longer post to KFO. I am taking the Sifu Novell G. Bell's advice and I am going to disappear from this online contraption and will begin a deeper study of self and my arts. I will write articles and maybe distribute them, maybe not. email me if you want my opinion on anything, anytime...

If anyone needs to get at me email unifury@hotmail.com with concerns questions beef whatever. I have grown weary of KFO and it is way past due for me to retire it. I will read messages but will not reply again on this public board. Even in this thread.
DO not private message me only Email.
You will see and hear from me soon enough. BIG UP to all the old skool KFO heads that got me interested in a deeper study Kung
Fu, to all the trolls...jump in the fire.

blacktaoist
01-24-2002, 01:33 PM
Wisdom Mind)

BT)you should know me very well by now. I don't have to talk about anyone behind their back. If I have a opinion about you or anyone I tell them in they face.

As for maoshan beef with you, I think he is upset of what happen last year with you and him.(house) This have nothing to do with me.

Yes we are friends and I teach you some Yin Style So I can see why you call me sifu, But you know I hate people calling me that word even people that I now teach. You know I see you all as brothers I'm just the brother that have more experience in dealing with BaguaZhang then you guys.

You know I don't care about chinese Terms or what lineage a person martial arts is from. Skill level is all I care about. And helping Brothers in the hood see life from a difference viewpoint by teaching them Baguazhang.

Are you a student in my eyes to me yes". If not I would have told you in a post reply a long time ago.

Think about this Wisdom Mind, would I have take you with me to met my Yin style sifu Chen xiao ping and have him show you more techniques to help make your fighting method better. Why Do you think he show you techniques, because he knew you train under me.( the of park Nam students)

Anyway I myself is getting to old for this Bull$hit. Why fight over a opinion that a person have of you. Last year sifu chen told me way get upset with people on kungfuonline or any person for that matter, people that you never met.(some of them any way) people are going to think what they want to have belief in. Just practice your kung fu and live your life how you feel fit. You can't make every body happy thats just the Yin and Yang of life. (love and hate, false or truth) Yi Wu After me and sifu talk I stop posting on kungfuonline a let. I only post when I feel like it. And even thats few.

Wisdom Mind) I will no longer post to KFO. I am taking the Sifu Novell G. Bell's advice and I am going to disappear from this online contraption and will begin a deeper study of self and my arts. I will write articles and maybe distribute them, maybe not. email me if you want my opinion on anything, anytime...

BT)All I do is work, practice, teach, learn more from other teachers and enjoy and live my life how I see fit. Wisdom Mind you have to do in life what makes you happy and balance. For me I love the fighting part of BaGuazhang thats what my major objective was for learning this fighting system. For other BaguaZhang practitioners their objective may be more for the health and vitality, but no matter how a person practice this art they all will come to establishing balance. You are your own man you don't have to stop posting if thats what makes you feel balance in your life. You ask my advice last year and I told you my opinion about posting. For me its a waste of time, I get more things done in my life and the time you utilize posting on kungfuonline you can be practicing or working on your web slte.

I think I waste some time now, I'm working on my new Yin article I have no time for this kid $hit. You have my number just call me about 10:00 pm tonight so we can talk. Always know we will always be friends. Always do things in life that make you happy and balance in the face of the unknown.

peace, practice and live long.

:cool: