PDA

View Full Version : STANCE TRAINING

magnatron
12-03-2000, 12:45 AM
GREETINGS TO ALL I AM A STUDENT OF THE HUNG SYSTEM,I WAS THINKING THAT IT WOULD BE GREAT IF WE ALL COULD POST OUR INDIVIDUAL STANCE TRAINING PROCEDURES,LIKE MYSELF I GET UP AT 5AM EVERY OTHER DAY AND SIT IN A LEGS PARALLEL HORSE WITH A 100LB WHEIGHT ATTACHED TO MY WAIST.I AM VERY MUCH INTERESTED IN KNOWING WHAT MY FELLOW HUNG BROTHERS ARE DOING ALSO.

I AM THE SEEKER OF LOST SOULS

iamaloser
12-13-2000, 09:11 PM
Since stance training also develops breath control, try practicing chi kung exercises while perfecting your horse stance. You will find it a more satisfying experience and a tougher workout.

wisdom mind
12-13-2000, 09:21 PM
I train stance work on the NYC subways everyday, light horse and standing. it forces me to be focused at all times as the train jerks around and this tends to send people flying around, if grounded i can hold 5 persons up from falling....

what do you do with these found "lost" souls btw........

burn one

premier
12-14-2000, 12:16 AM
Yeah. I guess you can do that in NYC subway, because its packed with all kinds of loonies and you won't stand out ;)

WuMan
12-14-2000, 04:35 AM
I try to do horse dance on the bus on my way home from school and I for sure know I am not good at it now, sent me flying right to the front when the bus jerked.

MoQ
12-14-2000, 06:19 PM
Do you have a teacher, or is this kind of "your own idea"?

wisdom mind
12-14-2000, 07:47 PM
great response....and oh so true....i do it in such a manner as to not look like im actually doing anything.......thats the key, sometimes chinese men or women pick up onit, maybe chi dispersement, i must remain focusd or topple over.

enjoy burning the bad ones more fire education

wisdom mind
12-14-2000, 07:51 PM
lower your center, not necessarily spread legs out....push hips to front, no ass sticking out.....that should help...dont worry what others think if you are gaining practice. if the bus jerks suddenly drop a bit and inhale...also screw your feet into the ground like a flathead screw does should help your root.

take it easy and burn babylon
fire pon dem

Hep Hwa
01-24-2001, 01:49 AM
Is using extra weight while sitting in horse a good idea? I would think that the extra weight could be damaging on the knees or maybe cause the body to become misaligned. Where exactly does the weight hang Magnatron? In front attatched w/ a rope or behind your back? I'm not trying to be an ass, just curious. I was under the impression that it takes about 3 years to get your body to get the correct alignment. Could using a weight cause this to take longer?

premier
01-24-2001, 02:08 AM
I can't see anything wrong with using additional weights. You do squats with weights, don't you? (I know it's not the same thing, but it's close enough)

I think the best place for the extra would be the right on top of your head.. you see.. this forces your spine as straigh as it gets. the best equipment, I've found for this is the wrestling dummies. they're soft enough and hard enough to get to balance and lift =)

weight on the shoulders usually bend your back from the waist forward eventhough the spine might be straigh. I guess it works this way too, but you need to be extra careful.

weight on the waist is a good idea. that kind of weights are just hard to find.

Shaolin Master
01-24-2001, 02:53 AM
Weights on the Head (maybe), you could use a bowel with a candle and wax, you move you burn.

Seriously in Shaolin a weight is used on your thighs, a stick underneath your behind (if go down you go up quickly ignoring the other sensations pending), a small bowel of water on your head. Also the use of two gwuns cross on your back to keep the stance straight before the other methods is also useful. Knees not out nor in but locked.

Regards
Shi Chan Long

WongFeHung
01-28-2001, 09:56 PM
A bowel and a candle? Where exactly did you put this candle? hehe! I saw that movie too, btw, Try a weight vest, and weight belt which would distribute the weight more evenly.
Stance training is also developed by doing your forms in deep stances and holding each stance for about 10-15 sec. Deep means putting a staff across your thighs in a horse stance, putting the pole on your front thigh, knee over the toe, not the heel in your bow stance, scissor stance should have your rear leg two inches from the floor, and cat stance should have your thigh parallel. 10-15 seconds soud too easy? Try it.

MoQ
01-28-2001, 10:34 PM
a small bowel of water on your head??? That's just abit too gratuitously esoteric for me...

denali
01-29-2001, 12:35 AM
I think that a bowel is too unpredictable.
It could leak.

Julian Dale
01-29-2001, 06:41 PM
Reebok have recently released a realy good weight vest, made of neoprene, so is very firm when worn, the weighted sections are of a new material which means that they dont move when you jump etc. It is aimed at athletes runners, etc.

I bought the body vest, ankle weight and arm weights. I have used stuff like this before but the Reebok stuff is the best and I cannot reccomend enough. It is like you have just put on 20lbs all over natural body weight. It's a leg killer :D

neijiachuan
01-30-2001, 06:50 AM
Here's a stance workout for the primary level student at our school....

A Beginner's Exercise (stance training)
1) Horse stance held properly for 1 minute minimum.
2) Switch to a reverse Bow & Arrow stance for 1 minute (both sides).
3) Back to your original Horse stance for 1 minute.
4) Shift into a Cat Stance for 1 minute. (both sides).
5) Step out into a back stance for 1 minute (both sides).
6) End in another Horse stance for 1 minute.