PDA

View Full Version : Qi and Muscle building

dre_doggX
01-23-2002, 07:33 PM
any insight

Pakmei
01-25-2002, 03:37 AM
There are various Qi Gong sets that build up the body in Qi and strength.

1) Yi Jin Jing Qi Gong - Muscle & Tendon Changing Classic.
2) Baa Duann Jin Qi Gong - 8 Brocades of Silk.
3) Shaolin Nei Jin Qi Gong - Shaolin (Iron Shirt) Qi Gong.

You'll find that these sets build up the in proportion to itself as you become stronger in both Qi and in muscle strength.

The ones that I practise myself are Baa Duann Jin and the Shaolin Nei Jin Qi Gong sets.

If you want more information, please do not hestiate to contact me by email.

Regards

Dave

dre_doggX
02-12-2002, 08:17 PM
Any good videso on Iron shirt

PlasticSquirrel
02-21-2002, 08:43 PM
i think mantak chia has a book and maybe a video out on iron shirt. i don't know if it's any good, though. some people like him, and some people don't.

one of the paths to golden bell is through yijinjing, though, so i would recommend that. it also builds muscle and is great for opening your channels up. it is also not difficult to practice.

baduanjin is a good choice for just about anything, but it doesn't specialize in training the muscles/tendons nearly as much.

stay away from weight training. it builds poor muscle, with little endurance or connective power. it makes you look good quickly, definitely, but the rewards aren't nearly as good.

although it's kinda tough to pick up the subtle things about qigong from a teacher, let alone a book/video, i would recommend yang jwingming's "qigong for health and martial arts." it's packed full of useful stuff, lots of information/forms, and presented in a very good manner. yijinjing, ba duanjin, shier duanjin, etc. are all in there. i would probably recommend it over any other book for starting out, since it covers so many topics.