PDA

View Full Version : Qi and Muscle building

dre_doggX
01-23-2002, 07:34 PM
any insight??

David Jamieson
01-23-2002, 07:42 PM
Air is carried through the blood, blood is carried to the tissue, tissue swells and shatters from the blood and in the healing process grows.

Breathing alone will not build distal tissue, but it plays a large part in the cycle.

peace

Kristoffer
01-24-2002, 05:04 AM
uhmm.. yeah

Leonidas
01-24-2002, 06:28 AM
Chigong is a strange thing. How do you figured they discovered all of this.

red5angel
01-24-2002, 07:02 AM
The other thing about Qi and muscle building is, too much muscle restricts Qi flow. If you are weight lifting, especially heavily, then it wont mix well with Qi, even hard qi gong. The best thing to do is isometric excesises, very similar to hard qi gong. I used to weight lift but after starting kung fu and learning more about qi, I have stopped. Now I do isometric stuff a few times a week and plenty of WC practice.

David Jamieson
01-24-2002, 07:08 AM
Leo-

method development followed by observation of results.

or, observation of phenomnon, followed by method development to achieve the phenomenon.

peace

dezhen2001
01-24-2002, 07:11 AM
there is a saying that hard qigong develops the "bones, muscles and skin". training develops your posture and use of the joints in the body, using your body structure correctly. Also you gather Qi at your dantians, which nourish the bones and body. Then you develop the muscles, tendons and skin which can be done in many ways. This is much different to weight training though!
As a skinny guy who has done both, the feeling is totally different :) Your muscles don't always get bigger, but they do get stronger. Maybe more 'dense' is the correct word, i'm not sure?

People often talk about the different types of 'strength' used when lifting weights and doing martial arts. For me, i find it is so...

david