PDA

View Full Version : Any Info On Arashi-Do Karate??

Grappling-Insanity
01-24-2002, 04:41 PM
Hi guys, I'm looking into this new school witch teaches shoot wrestling, Muay Thai/Kick Boxing, and Arashi-Do Karate. I'm interested(sp?) in taking the shoot wrestling and maybe the Kick Boxing. However I'm also curious as to if Arashi-Do is any good, any info on it?

Grappling-Insanity
01-24-2002, 04:42 PM
Btw, the school was recomended to me as a Vale-Tudo/ Shoot wrestling place. So i suspect the Kick boxing and Karate is more for cross training IMO.

Water Dragon
01-24-2002, 07:30 PM
Give it a shot. If it's real Karate, you wont learn anything applicable for the first year or two, but the workout should leave you feeling like you just did a set of 20 rep squats.

neito
01-24-2002, 11:45 PM
Greetings. I'm from Edmonton too. I've heard of Arashi-do before because they had promotional posters for their shootwrestling classes at Grant MacEwen college. You might as well go down and check it out, could'nt hurt right? Of course thats what I thought when I payed Temple kung Fu a visit, those *******s would'nt let me leave. Anyway I'm glad too see another Edmontonian on the forum. For kickboxing or shootwrestling you should also check out maximum martial arts on 170th street they have classes in a variety of classes such as muay thai, brazilian jiu-jitsu,submission grappling, nhb fighting. Also for muay thai there is gasper bonomo who teaches a class at the U of A. I dont how good any of these guys are but its a start. see yah
My name is Nate Landry, you dont know me do you?
;)

neito
01-24-2002, 11:49 PM
I checked out the website on your profile, do you study/teach there? its on the south side right?

Grappling-Insanity
01-25-2002, 12:11 AM
Currently I do study there but i'm on a lil bit of a hiatus, but it is a very good school. I got to tell you though DO NOT got to Maximum. The only reason they run that school is because they were kicked out of BSM. After about a year there and decided to open up there own school. I'd rather not turn this into mud slinging but dont go to Maximum. They advertise like there the place for JKD. If you want REAL, and very good JKD go to BSM. .

And BSM is on the south side located north of Home Depot on Calagar Trail South addy is 6809 Calgary trl. south, its # is 430-3601 if your looking for some good, quality training go there. Just a warning though the main instructor is kinda known for his hardcoreness.

Grappling-Insanity
01-25-2002, 12:22 AM
Proabably dont know you as I'm still in HS at Ainlay....