PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu in Bowling Green, KY

Octavius
01-24-2002, 10:27 PM
Hello, I have a friend who is moving to KY in a few weeks and wants to do some sorta MA. I recommended Kung Fu, but have no idea what schools are up there. Could anyone recommend some places so I can give some examples? Thanks.

illusionfist
01-25-2002, 02:59 AM
check out http://www.shaolinarts-ky.net/

a friend of mine goes there and its basically the only legit kung fu (let alone martial arts school) in that area.

They have a pretty expansive curriculum. Everything from Hung Gar to CDT.

Peace :D

Octavius
01-25-2002, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the info, Illusionfist.

I checked out the website and it looks interesting.

But my limited knowledge does not allow me to recognize the teacher's teachers. Is Au (HG, CLF via BSK) one of Sifu Kong's earlier students during his HI days? ALso, who is Louie Jack Man in hte SPM family? No trolling, just want to know who they are (since I don't know them) so I can pass the word along.

By the way, does anyone have any experience with the CDT program? I saw the special on A&E and it looked like an interesting program on bodyguarding.

Thanks.

illusionfist
01-25-2002, 04:22 PM
As for Au, i think he studied with Kong back in the day and then of course visited him throughout the years. Lately Au has been really focused on CLF. He's been to Australia many times to work with Chan Yong Fa.

As for the SPM stuff, i couldn't tell you man because i myself dont know much about it. I've heard Jack Man Louie's name dropped a few times, but other than that, no specifics.

Peace :D