PDA

View Full Version : bak mei kicking skills!!!

fiercest tiger
12-07-2000, 03:29 PM
well everyone time for more bak mei talk....

do you like the kicking techniques in the forms, like say mun bqua and day sut kuen?

do any of you have problems with the day sut form, like going down to the ground, lotus and double leg kick out. its pretty challenging and you've got to have strong legs.

do you train much kicking skills in your pak mei, most people dont realise pak mei has lots of kicking techniques. :D

thanks

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

Buby
12-07-2000, 10:26 PM
You mentioned before that you would prefer to grind the leg or shin of your opponent. Can you please explain to me what is ment by grinding? Is it low line kicking to the shin or a technique in which you actually grind your shin against your opponents?

Also, I'm not to sure on the name of this technique but I've seen it done a few times. Two individuals will face each other in a horse stance and just go at with low line kicks. Not so much like Tai kicking, but straight kicks to trip you and push in the knee, etc. The knees are used as well to jam and push you off balance. Would these techniques be found in Bak Mei and what is the name of the technique.(I hope I haven't lost you with my description) It kinda looks like legs trapping each other.

:eek: **** what's that smell?? :D

Thanks Bud,

Bub

Rolling Elbow
12-08-2000, 08:13 PM
As I hear more and more about Bak Mei i think two things:

A. It must be overated and no better than any of our arts.

B. It probably is pretty cool and seems to incorporate a vast amount of skills and tactics.

Maybe one of you can find me some videos or shots of it on the internet so i can actually see how it moves?! ****, i hear talk all over about various arts but when it comes to seeing it in action, I've got nothing to view and nowhere to go. Help out poor old Rolling Elbow will ya?

P.S- Any of you fellows heard of Lama Kung Fu? It has captured my interest as of lat

Michael Panzerotti
Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North..

fiercest tiger
12-09-2000, 12:01 AM
hi rolling elbow,

you will find that all martial arts are similar as they all teach you how to fight. i hope! its just that some teachers and instructors these days seem to be tournament orientated or teach for health, leaving out the most important aspect of the martial art. FOR KILLING!! there is no other way to put it. dont get me wrong if there is kids in the class i dont tell them to kill but to fight back if confronted.

bak mei can be over rated, but it is a challenging system to learn. power, body, theories will differ from other schools. it has all fighting ranges and yes ground fighting just like bjj hahahaha...

there is a video out by man kwong fong on sup jee kuen, but go and see in person what its like. to view a tape of just a demo is never as good as seeing it live. is there any pak mei schools near you?

ive looked into lama pai when i was young but found out it was like white crane, and i never liked swinging arm styles. but get on the recieving end of one of them punches and you are going down. :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com