PDA

View Full Version : cable flex

Tinman
01-26-2002, 08:35 AM
Mr kung fu Jackie Chan with his new cable flex
www.cableflex.com
is this a joke?
Stick with karate.Direct and to the point.

Dave Farmer
01-26-2002, 08:56 AM
oh dear................

first pepsi, now this???

Jackie, surely you don't need the money that bad.........

I do though.. hmm.. I don't think I'd be as good an advert.

Regards

DF

Nichiren
01-26-2002, 09:59 AM
I wonder how he advertise this product; "During my films I break a lot of bones and hurt myself in a million ways so please by this product if you want to be like me...":D

Sam Wiley
01-26-2002, 10:45 AM
Maybe he endorses it because he likes it.

I just hope he doesn't end up like that he-man with the pony tail. Jackie's hyper enough.

Former castleva
01-26-2002, 11:44 AM
He-man with a pony tail? Sounds like Steven Seagull,I did not know he has done any commercials though?
Jackie looks good and stays fit,and he is a great person in general.

IronFist
01-26-2002, 12:10 PM
No, I think the "he-man with the pony tail" is that tool Tony Little. He advertises the "Gazelle" cardio device.

Iron

IronFist
01-26-2002, 12:19 PM
****ing idiots (not you guys, I mean the Cable Flex people)!! I just watched the video for that. The "ab" exercise that they show doesn't even work your abs. What a piece of marketing bull****.

I'm pretty disappointed that Jackie would do infomercials. He's all about charity and helping people and anti-triad propaganda and now he starts selling an infomercial exercise product? Geez. This doesn't help people at all, it just takes their money: $149.99 of it!

I mean, maybe this will encourage fat people to get off their couches, which is techinally an improvement for them, but still. I dunno, maybe they'll all be like "I'll do it for Jackie, he's so cuuuuute."

I dunno.

Iron

Dave Farmer
01-26-2002, 01:40 PM
I doubt it.

it will probably inspire lazy ,fast route,no exercise, still eat what you want people to part with how ever many £/$ and then be stored in the cupboard never to be seen again.

my personal ad-tv faves??

The vibrating belt that tells you to tighten your stomach muscles and 'Burn off the fat'

and the electro stimulation pads: simply attach, stay on the sofa and eat as you like: exercise while watching tv!!!!

Some people are so gullible.

Now what was that toll free number??????? :D

regards

Dave F

Sam Wiley
01-26-2002, 02:29 PM
Yeah, Tony Little. That guy gives me the creeps.

If whatever exercise they're showing doesn't even work your abs, then I can understand the disappointment.

I used to have one of Jackie's movies where he's doing all these exercises hanging from a tree, and it was amazing! And There was this other one where he had one of those wheel ab exercisers, and he would start out on his feet with the wheel on the floor and extend out until he was laying parallel with the floor, and then come back up. I tried that once and my stomach muscles gave out on me about 3 stretches into it. I even built my own wheel thing to do it with.

The dude's one of the most recognizable names in the media today. Either the people who made the thing are paying him a lot of money to be their celeb spokesman, or his agent is making him do this to keep his face in the media, or he likes the thing and endorses it 'cos he likes it. I hope it's the third reason. I'd hate to think Jackie had to resort to that kind of thing.

logic
01-26-2002, 04:00 PM
I just saw this infomercial and I went right to K.F.O.
I wanted to post about this, but to late.

Doesn't look good.
maybe this is all a dream.

:D

logic
01-26-2002, 04:15 PM
I do believe your Mr. Karate Chuck Norris Has an infomercial of his own.
But a piece of equiptment doesn't make a martial art.

IronFist
01-26-2002, 06:45 PM
And There was this other one where he had one of those wheel ab exercisers, and he would start out on his feet with the wheel on the floor and extend out until he was laying parallel with the floor, and then come back up.

He does that in Gorgeous. I just saw that movie for the first time a couple days ago. He's got a weird looking wooden dummy in that movie, too.

Iron