PDA

View Full Version : quick poll

Chinwoo-er
01-26-2002, 09:44 AM
Mind if I ask..........

how many shaolin artist are there here ?
Also, which temple is your art from ?
and which style of that temple do you practice most ?

thanks

norther practitioner
01-28-2002, 10:16 AM
Northern (Henan..Hunan) Shaolin Gung Fu. I am doing a number of forms, including tan tui (borrowed from the Muslims). I am going to start Little Red Fist as soon as I get done with one of the forms I am trying to do now.

Shaolindynasty
01-28-2002, 02:02 PM
Not sure which temple originally but my style came from Taiwan and kind of looks like Choy Li Fut. Although I doubt it's still the same as when it came from it's original source.

kungfudork
01-28-2002, 02:42 PM
my training is from the northern temple in henan. i currently, on a daily basis, try to run through these forms: wubu chuan, lian huan chuan, xiao hong chuan, tong be chuan, chao yang chuan, dan dao(second form), and yin shou gun(but i need to do this one more often...i am starting to forget).

-dieter

joedoe
01-28-2002, 06:00 PM
My art (5 Ancestors Fist) is originally from the Northern temple but is known more from the Southern temple.

NorthernShaolin
01-28-2002, 06:57 PM
Practice Northern Shaolin Style from Kuo Yu Chang which is a branch of Northern Shaolin system from Honan. This branch is a combination of the five northern mother styles of Shaolin; Hua, Cha, Pao, Wah, and Hung. Also practice Northern Shaolin Lo Han style from Sun Yu Fung which is another branch of Northern Shaolin and came from Honan.