PDA

View Full Version : Attention Royal Dragon

RAF
01-26-2002, 11:38 AM
FEBRUARY 2002 - U.S.Workshops by Adam Hsu!!!

Tai Zhu Chang Quan (Tai Zhu Long Fist) - Sunday, February 17, 2-5pm
Location: St Mark's Church (Parish Hall), 600 Colorado Ave, Palo Alto, CA

This unusual form provides practice of the utmost value to all kung fu practitioners. Its elegant, deep movements and postures help practitioners to build strength, joint & muscle extension, internal energy sinking, flexibility, balance, and whole body coordination--elements necessary for high level kung fu and power-issuing.

Royal Dragon:

I don't know what level or how much of the form will be taught but if I were in California, I'd give it a shot. You can see how controversial Adam Hsu's name is on the board but I have always heard that the instruction given in his seminars is of the highest quality.

If you get a chance to take it, post the board and let me know how it was.

Good luck!

Daniel Madar
01-26-2002, 03:45 PM
Any idea? I'm in SF, and I might check it out if its less than fifty bucks.

Paul
01-26-2002, 04:33 PM
This is cut and pasted from Adam Hsu's website under the "what's new" tab:

Tuition: Single Workshop: $50 ($45 for AHKF students or TWA members). Both Workshops: $90 ($70 for AHKF students or TWA members)

I might have to go check this out myself.

Royal Dragon
01-28-2002, 02:44 PM
A month or so ago. From the sounds of it, it may be the advanced Northern form. My problem is I'm I Chicago and I have no way to get there.

I asked about having them flim the seminar, but they said it was not possible. BUT, they told me if I attended, they would let me film myself doing the set after I learned it.

If I could get someone local to go, I would have them film themselves doing the form right after (That means BEFORE you get in your car and go for burgers) and send it to me, but Sifu Abel is the only guy I know in that area, and he just moved 500 miles south and can't go either.

I don't know if they are still doing it, but it was mentioned that semi priviate instruction in the set would be done afterwards or maybe the next day, probualluy for an additional fee.

The school also teaches that set, and I was invited to fly down and learn it . I plan on taking them up on it when the time cmes. I5t would be nice to already know it so all I need are corrections though.

So, anyone willing to attend and get me some video? It's a VERY rare set, and not often taught. I don't think anyone in our line even has it.

Royal Dragon

MonkeySlap Too
01-28-2002, 04:44 PM
Hey RD - if I'm free that weekend I'll do it. Just a warning though - my longfist is pretty shaky- it's not what I do, so no showing anybody the tape!

Daniel Madar
01-28-2002, 05:15 PM
you pay the fifty for the seminar, and the 1000 for the video camera and I'd be delighted to help you out. I get to keep the camera though.

:)

MonkeySlap Too
01-28-2002, 05:38 PM
Sorry man, but my camera costs more than that, and you ain't getting it.

Daniel Madar
01-28-2002, 07:07 PM
That one was for RD. I was just offering an alternative in case you can't make it.

:)

Royal Dragon
01-28-2002, 07:29 PM
Hey Monkey Slapp
If you are serious, I'll reinberse you the seminar fee as soon as I recive the video.

Are you in california?

Send me an E-mail with your phone # and we'll talk.

Gian

Shaolindynasty
01-29-2002, 11:29 AM
Adam Hsu is conterversial? I didn't know that.