PDA

View Full Version : Grappling Forum - Yes or No? Please vote

Xebsball
01-27-2002, 09:05 AM
So the grappling one would be basicly about:

Shuai Jiao, Chin Na, Judo, Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, Sambo and other possible grappling styles.

Xebsball
01-27-2002, 09:12 AM
I must remind you that this polls objective is to mesure the public opinion on this matter and that in no way it garanties the creation or not of the grappling forum. The ultimate decision is to be made by the administrators of this beloved forum. Thank you.

Xebsball
01-27-2002, 09:09 PM
ttt

IronFist
01-27-2002, 11:51 PM
After I voted on this thread, I got so pumped I almost kicked my mom in the face!!

Iron

Budokan
01-28-2002, 07:09 AM
What in God's name do they need their own forum for? They already have this one.

Water Dragon
01-28-2002, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Budokan
What in God's name do they need their own forum for? They already have this one.

Because Chiao is one of the 4 main classifications in all CMA. Na is another. Both are grappling skills.

wu_de36
01-28-2002, 07:39 AM
I popped like, 16 boners, bigger than the biggest blackest boner when I saw this topic. if you vote no, I will totally flip out and cut off heads.

Water Dragon
01-28-2002, 07:43 AM
Well I saw this thread and shoulder threw my wife, did a Ho Ti on my five year old, and choked out my 8 month old with a rear naked.

Xebsball
01-28-2002, 06:02 PM
Voting is for free, vote you mother****ers

red_fists
01-28-2002, 06:10 PM
Hi.

I am a bit undecided on how to vote.

As there are pure "grappling arts" and grappling is also an integral part of other Arts.

I think that either type of art can learn from each other.

OTOH, a lot of People don't like to hunt through a forum looking for the bits that pertain to their specific art.

Merryprankster
01-28-2002, 07:49 PM
Fine, so have an SC and Chin Na board. Is that chinese enough? :) I'm not being sarcastic, just trying to couch the concept in acceptable terms because I DO think it's valuable. But then again, I'm biased :D

wushu chik
01-28-2002, 09:27 PM
So, what would happen if i said NO?? Just curious? And wu_de36....I sooo do NOT need to know about you BONERS!

Jockwurst
01-28-2002, 10:59 PM
Red Fists, Water Dragon,

I think the forum would not so much be for Chinese MA grapplers as it would be a trash compactor for all the MMA BJJ A$$HOLES that clutter up this board.

Merryprankster
01-28-2002, 11:01 PM
What constitutes an A$$hole? Somebody that disagrees with you? Somebody that doesn't do Kung Fu and posts here? Just curious.

KnightSabre
01-29-2002, 12:26 AM
Hey not all of us BJJers are trouble makers

scotty1
01-29-2002, 05:51 AM
Just noticed your sig. Don't want to divert the thread, but it sounds familiar.
Can't be what your idols are?

On the grappling thing, I think if you're talking Chinese grappling (SC and Chin Na etc. ) then I think yes. But if you're talking non CMA then NO, because people are always going on about wasting bandwidth, and there are loads of BJJ forums elsewhere.

I suppose you couldn't really keep them apart though, and

Oh **** it, I'm leaving soon I couldn't give a ****. :D

Robinf
01-29-2002, 06:48 AM
I think there's enough interest in grappling that it warrants its own forum. If Northern and Southern Praying Mantis kung fu can have their own forums, I think there's enough room for a grappling forum.

Go for it, guys.

Robin

Water Dragon
01-29-2002, 08:44 AM
Personally, I think the Northern Mantis forum is a waste. Why should you have a forum for Northern Mantis and not Chang Chuan? So what do I do? I don't read that forum. Shaolin either, it doesn't interest me.

On the internal forums, we get Aikido people sometimes. It's my choice if I join in thoise threads or not.

The fact is, at last count, 35 people wanted a grappling board. That's 35 people who would like a board that discusses grappling in whatever format. Being a CMA forum, the majority of people posting will be discussing Shuai Chiao (which exists in every CMA) and Chin Na (which exists in every CMA)

If you don't want BJJ on the board, either don't reply or just skip over those posts. No one's saying you have to read every topic that appears on KFO or hit every forum that exists here.

Xebsball
01-29-2002, 08:42 PM
Pantera is so cool :D

Jockwurst
01-30-2002, 06:57 AM
"Someone who dissagrees with you. Soeone who posts here who is non CMA?" O.K. start with those then add a person like Ralek who is obviously here only to get a rise out of CMA posters and constantly posts smut, or knifefighter who will cordially dissagree with you then try to belittle you in the eyes of the other posters and promote unsubstantiated propaganda about himself (the real self of whom we dont or will never know anything about) signing on with multiple tags to support his sham fascade. Is that enough?

Merryprankster
01-30-2002, 09:13 PM
Jockwurst,

Ah then, I guess I'll just remind myself that I am a non-CMA a$$hole when I post on this forum, and or when I disagree with you.

Cheers!

James

Xebsball
01-31-2002, 10:02 AM
This is the last ttt