View Full Version : Who would win in a fight between...

IronFist
01-28-2002, 12:01 AM
I'm talking full on battle here, one entire force against another.

Good guys and bad guys of GoBots vs. Autobots and Deceptacons

Sam Wiley
01-28-2002, 12:19 AM
Transformers, dude! And the Autobots at that! They had Optimus Prime, and you just don't get better than Prime.:D

red_fists
01-28-2002, 12:23 AM
I would say Transformers, but it depends which generation we are talking about.

The most recent one aka "Beast Wars" would get their collective asses whooped.

:D

dezhen2001
01-28-2002, 02:28 AM
it has to be Transformers man! :D but Thundercats (TM) still kick more ass! They had that cool tank machine and all...

david :D

Sam Wiley
01-28-2002, 06:11 AM
Yeah...Beast Wars=Crap.

Badger
01-28-2002, 07:56 AM
Ninja Team Gatchaman would waste all their robotic monster butts!!!!

Badger

NafAnal
01-28-2002, 08:09 AM
The rock lords eh? They turned not into cars or planes or even giant robotic dinosaurs but rocks. And then rolled around everywhere, but could only roll downhill if memory serves me correct....

I think I have some of the action figures. "Boulder" and "Tombstone" oh god i even remember the names....

Tigerstyle
01-28-2002, 08:54 AM
The Gobots had Scooter... :rolleyes: need I say more?

Leader 1 and Cy-Kill (once again... :rolleyes: ) are no match for Optimus Prime and Megatron, in name or ability. This entire thread is a stupid waste of time :p .

LOL @ NafAnal! That's pretty sad, man.

Robinf
01-28-2002, 09:39 AM
In the decepticons, what was the red plane's name? It's driving me crazy to not remember. Just his whining would send those gobots running.

Robin

Tigerstyle
01-28-2002, 10:43 AM
LOL! Robinf,
Do you men StarScream? Yes, he was quite irritating, but nowhere near as bad as Crasher's (Gobots) annoying laugh.

Sam Wiley
01-28-2002, 10:58 AM
Didn't the guy who did the voice for Starscream do the voice for Cobra Commander too?

Funny, nobody listened to him as Cobra Commander, either.

SevenStar
01-28-2002, 11:32 AM
Remember that the gobots had alien connections too. they had that female UFO named pathfinder. I still think the transformers would win though. Ravage, rumble, lazerbeak and frenzy could take all the gobots by themselves.

fa_jing
01-28-2002, 11:40 AM
I want you all to know I voted for the Gobots. I think it was really cruel how the Transformers ripped off the Gobots idea, then to make matters worse came out with a far better and more likeable product. Don't they have patent laws in this country?
Now, for a real fight: Cabbage Patch Kids vs. the Monkeekee.

-FJ

Robinf
01-28-2002, 11:47 AM
Thanks, Tigerstyle, that's the one.

I think they were the same voice, cobra commander and starscream.

I remember optimus prime's voice appearing in another cartoon and found it really out of place.

And fa_jing, in this country, it's all about "new and improved" and "survival of the fittest". New and improved outsells making it the more fit to survive.

God bless capitalism!

Robin

KC Elbows
01-28-2002, 12:02 PM
I'm going with Space Giants(live action show way back when, these chinese opera looking giants with white hair that could turn into rockets), and definitely Jonny Sako, as long as he has his giant robot.

Tigerstyle
01-28-2002, 12:40 PM
fa_jing,
Are you sure GoBots came first? I could be wrong, but I think the whole concept of the Transformers was based on a toy in Japan (adapted from Takara: the Diaclones and the New Microman, according to YesterdayLand.com (http://www.yesterdayland.com))

I also found this quote from YesterdayLand.com:
"During this time, The Transformers inspired a mania on television and in toy stores for transforming robots. Plenty of other toy companies jumped into the fray to get in on the action and produced countless toys to compete with the Transformers. The most successful of these were the GoBots, a vehicle/robot brigade manufactured by the toy car kings at Tonka, and actually released around the same time as Hasbro's Transformers line."

While it doesn't say which came first, the wording seems to imply that Transformers were the ones setting the trend (at least here in the U.S.).

I think Voltron could defeat the GoBots. They wouldn't even need their Lions (I'm referring to the Voltron with the five lions, of course), because the Voltron Force are skilled in Judo. Even the princess knew Judo.

Judo can defeat the GoBots.

Man, I waste too much time here...

Tigerstyle
01-28-2002, 12:46 PM
GoBots vs. A wasted half hour of my life that I will never get back (http://www.yesterdayland.com/popopedia/shows/saturday/sa1185.php)

I would vote for the GoBots in this one.

fa_jing
01-28-2002, 12:49 PM
Space Giants rocked. Man those were the days. A great time to be an 8-year boy with a black-and-white television set. UnderDog, Marine Boy, Space Giants, Speed Racer, the Mighty Heroes. Now you have cartoons like "Dexter's Laboratory" and "Cow and Chicken" that remind me of the last time I took acid. Kids brains are going to be seriously f'd up.
-FJ

KC Elbows
01-28-2002, 12:54 PM
fa jing, if you grew up in chicago, you might remember Gigglesnort Hotel. That's the sort of stuff that f'ed up our brains.

For those who don't remember gigglesnort hote, it was like a low budget muppets, and the best muppet was this really scary looking one named Weird, who had absolutely no neck. He was the bellhop.

Oh, yeah, and at the front dest of the hotel, there was a little trash can that said "Property of Fulsom County Prison".

Great kids show.

shaolinboxer
01-28-2002, 12:56 PM
Gaiking Robot will destroy them all!

fa_jing
01-28-2002, 12:58 PM
Oh Yeah, can't leave out "Ultraman." Now that one is a really hazy memory. That "yesterdayland.com" site is amazing, I think it will only be a short time before my repressed childhood memories are re-awakened, and I realize I am actually a super-hero or in charge of a very large and powerful robot. :cool:

fa_jing
01-28-2002, 01:02 PM
I didn't grow up in Chicago, but in Philadelphia. I remember a show called "Snippets" they were like a bunch of little Gumby look-alikes that came on in short bursts throughout the days, offering information or advice, kindof socially conscious programming. Snippets rule! (Just Kidding)

-FJ

Silumkid
01-28-2002, 01:10 PM
All this thread are belong to the Herculoids!

Tigerstyle
01-28-2002, 01:20 PM
For KC Elbows,
Gigglesnort Hotel (http://www.yesterdayland.com/popopedia/shows/saturday/sa1386.php)

silumkid,
The Herculoids are a bunch of punks that would fall to the true might of He-Man.

He-Man can defeat the GoBots.

KC Elbows
01-28-2002, 01:32 PM
Tiger,
My inner child thanks you.:D

SevenStar
01-28-2002, 01:43 PM
I'm willing to bet the gobots came first. I never woulda got my parents to buy all those da mn gobots if transformers woulda been out. And as for cabbage patch vs. mon chee chee, I dunno... the mon chee chee's were little chimps that sucked their thumb. they were no more of a rip off from cabbage patch than my little pony, or than they all were from strawberry shortcake.

Tranzor-Z could beat the gobots and transformers, but he wasn't as cool.

Talking about f'ing up the mind...my friend told me that in england there used to be a show about (wtf??) a mailman. the cartoon was called "Post man Pat"

Shaolindynasty
01-28-2002, 01:49 PM
Did somebody say Thundercats?

What about Thundercats vs. Silver Hawks?

Sam Wiley
01-28-2002, 01:53 PM
I liked the girl robot on Tranzor Z who shot rockets out of her nipples. That was cool!

I think Tranzor Z came first, then the Voltron made of cars, then the Voltron made of lions, and then Transformers and then the GoBots. I seem to remember reading something to that effect a year or so ago in a ToyFair magazine. A couple of articles in the magazine were dedicated to the subject, one specifically on the car Voltron, and another on the history of robots in cartoons...or something like that. It could have been in another magazine, though. I don't remember.

Paul
01-28-2002, 02:11 PM
The Shogun Warriors would have tore up the transformers and gobots like nobody's business.

Shogun warriors rule!

Polaris
01-28-2002, 02:11 PM
I hope you guys weren't talking about the early Beast
Wars because that was very good. They did, however,
end up completely ruining the show.

Jaguar Wong
01-28-2002, 02:29 PM
LOL @ Sevenstar. I had my fair share of Gobots as well, but I still think Transformers was out first (in other parts of the world -- Japan), I know it's easy to think that we as Americans are the cultural center of the universe, but we steal stuff from other countries as well. Power to the Dollar!!

"Knowledge is moot...The Dollar is King!!"
- Bizzaro Kool Moe Dee

Voltron defeated Robeasts every day, Transformers never defeated each other until the movie came out. Voltron could beat monsters in half an hour, it took Transformers years before they learned how to beat other Transformers. Transforming is just for show, and no good for fighting. The Blazing sword defeated Prince Lotor, and he turned good. Voltron fought King Zarkon all the time, then King Zarkon fought Prince Lotor, a former opponent of Voltron, so Voltron could easily beat Mike Tyson. The Voltron Force once said "King Zarkon attacked our critial points ver well, but he was no match for the Blazing Sword."

Transforming is useless, Voltron is superior.

"Activate Interlocks, Dyna-Therms Connected, Infra-Cells Up, Mega-Thrusters are Go! LET'S GO VOLTRON FORCE!"

Yes, I had to look on the internet for that actual quote...and you thought you wasted time on the 'net ;)

Jaguar Wong
01-28-2002, 02:32 PM
BTW, I watch Thundercats every morning at 6am on the Cartoon Network (the greatest channel EVER! Except for TNN, cause they show WWF). I also watch the cartoon right after that...Zoids. I remember having a set or two of Zoids. Does this mean they'll release a new version soon to the U.S. kiddies? That would be on my list of stuff to get for my son.

SanHeChuan
01-28-2002, 02:35 PM
every once in a while i'll go down the toy aisle and look at what they got, and i just have to say that kids today are getting ripped off. where's the badass g.i.joes and transformers (which i deem the best toys ever in there prime). Man the actions figures nowa days are more for display than play, they barly even move anymore.

Transformers would so win, and they are the best toys ever.

fa_jing
01-28-2002, 02:42 PM
I have an old Shogun Warrior (parts missing) in my parents attic, looks like a badass. The Cabbage Patch Kid is defeated by Monchee-chee's ground work. "Sucking Thumb uproots Cabbage" is a popular technique. Monchee-chee also drives it's opponents insane with an annoying, catchy theme song.
So, who would win, G-force vs. Starblazers?
-FJ

KC Elbows
01-28-2002, 03:05 PM
I'm sorry to disagree, but without a doubt, the best action figures ever, bar none, were the Micronauts.

They have no equal. Period.

red_fists
01-28-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Jaguar Wong
[B]LOL @ Sevenstar. I had my fair share of Gobots as well, but I still think Transformers was out first (in other parts of the world -- Japan), I know it's easy to think that we as Americans are the cultural center of the universe, but we steal stuff from other countries as well./B]

Transformers started of as Toys in Japan(didn't sell well) and than were exportd to the US.

The US made the original TV-Series in co-operation with the Toymaker.

The TV-Series was than dubbed and released in Japan, which prompted a higher sale of the Toys over this end

I'm sorry to disagree, but without a doubt, the best action figures ever, bar none, were the Micronauts.

What do you mean "were". Transformers are STILL selling in Japanand some new special edition figs been released reently.

FWI, one of my fav Anime Char is being released as electronic Toy next Month.

"HARO" from the original Gundam Series in 1/4 scales, moves, talks and extends arms and legs.

Jaguar Wong
01-28-2002, 04:50 PM
Are you talking about Amuro's goofy ball-robot sidekick?

red_fists
01-28-2002, 04:52 PM
Hi JW.

Yep, the same one. :D

I think Bandai will also release them overseas, not sure yet when though.

If you want one I think:

HobbyLink Japan (http://http://www.hlj.com/)

can get you one.

It is listed as "Halo" from Gundam 0079, which would make it Halo II or Halo III.

rubthebuddha
01-28-2002, 05:08 PM
sad am i that only one person mentioned the silverhawks. how i wish i could fly like that.

really, i do, because i'd have a couple fewer scars today if i could.

:(

red_fists
01-28-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Polaris
I hope you guys weren't talking about the early Beast
Wars because that was very good. They did, however,
end up completely ruining the show.

There were actually 2 Series made:
US - 3D CGI
Japan - Animated.

The Japanese one was a complete tie-in do the full "Transformer" saga, but flopped as we had animal Transformers before. (2nd or 3rd Series).

red_fists
01-28-2002, 05:50 PM
BTW, in case anybody is interested in stuff from Japan let me know.

I got a ton and a half and know plenty of people that got even more.

Soon I will be putting up about 50+ E-bay auctions getting rid of anime and Robot realed goods.

Most are assembled and painted Kits(mostly garage and Resin Figure Kits), but some other stuff is in there aswell.

Still undecided if I will put my assembled Motorbike Collection though.

Love thos things.

joedoe
01-28-2002, 05:52 PM
Voltron rocks.

prana
01-28-2002, 06:22 PM
Go-Han, I meant the Mad Go-Han.

When he screams, not only do the animated land explode, even my TV speakers rattle and squeek. Now that, is incredible power.

red_fists
01-28-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by prana
Go-Han, I meant the Mad Go-Han.

When he screams, not only do the animated land explode, even my TV speakers rattle and squeek. Now that, is incredible power.

Or an old TV.

Just kidding. :p

Acutally, we got a rerun currently of the original "Transfomer series" at the moment.