PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to protect your Nuts in a Street Fight

FIRE HAWK
01-28-2002, 12:57 AM
What is the best way to protect your nuts in a street fight or if you are beining attacked ?

red_fists
01-28-2002, 01:04 AM
Wear a Cup.

Or masage them up into the Body the way the sumo wrestlers do them.
Careful they can overheat and you get sterile if done too often.

Or simply ignore the pain. Groin shots are not as bad as depicted in the movies.

They hurt like hell, but are neither disabling nor a sure fire shot to drop someone.

TAO YIN
01-28-2002, 01:15 AM
Use the hakka way and turn your foot 45 degrees and bend your knee to protect the centerline.:)

IronFist
01-28-2002, 01:24 AM
masage them up into the Body the way the sumo wrestlers do them.
Careful they can overheat and you get sterile if done too often.

Eh?!

Or simply ignore the pain. Groin shots are not as bad as depicted in the movies.

EH?!!!

Iron

red_fists
01-28-2002, 01:28 AM
Hey Iron.

I don't know I have taken a few groin shots and remained upright.

But that might be due me being a Biker. that part of the anatomy gets a good workout with leather pants and the temp diffs. between summer and Winter.

Yep, I am on the bike 365 days a Year.

The Sumo massage method is well documented, as is the fact of avoiding overheating down there.

In short Trunks are better than briefs, if you wanna make a lot of babies.

Seeya.

respectmankind
01-28-2002, 01:34 AM
Avoid nutshots, it is not that hard.

Yung Apprentice
01-28-2002, 05:22 AM
Walk around with a cup, or learn iron crotch!!!!!:D

Or do what I do and what respectmankind said, avoid getting hit there, it isn't that hard. Maybe it's just me, but my spider senses tingle when an attack is headed in that direction!:confused:

Kristoffer
01-28-2002, 05:32 AM
What is the best
way to protect your Nuts in a Street Fight

--------
just MOVE.. :rolleyes:

Nichiren
01-28-2002, 05:51 AM
Like Tao Yin says, use Hakka or WC footwork(they sound very similar). Else if you have room just move out of the way.

Kristoffer
01-28-2002, 06:21 AM
raise a knee infront of u like a thai boxer maybe?

Budokan
01-28-2002, 07:05 AM
Become a judo-kai warrior as seen on TV in a MA documentary recently. They always give each other nutshots and then limp away trying to pretend it doesn't really "hurt". That one shot of that watermelon-headed dumba$$ getting blasted in the marbles and then limping away (to vomit off camera) as his glasses are askew on his head is one of the funniest g*dd*mn images I've ever seen on TV.

LEGEND
01-28-2002, 07:21 AM
FOOTWORK.

But it's rare for the average street fighter to aim for your nutz...only martial artist do that.

shaolinboxer
01-28-2002, 07:26 AM
Budokan - I saw that documentary and noticed the same ridiculous thing you did. I also enjoyed the woman taking her test who passed out and then pretended she was just resting.

What did you think of the karate sensei they featured? Can you remember his name and style? The one with the big white disciple who he punches in the gut and drops like a stone. I remeber his karate being super slick.

That fat ******* aikido instructor they featured should put down the tempura and do some waza btw.

Budokan
01-28-2002, 09:18 AM
I have the show on tape and have been meaning to watch it again for a good chuckle. I also loved the fact the woman passed out (you're supposed to fail a judo-kai test if you pass out) but the guy in charge covered up and said she was just resting. Yeah, and Elvis is just taking a nap.

I, too, loved the fat akidoka b*st*rd sucking on a cancer stick while his boiler filled with bacon and beer threatens to bust every seam in his gi. I'm laughing just thinking about it...

I can't remember off hand what that one guy's name is you're talking about, though.

Tigerstyle
01-28-2002, 09:32 AM
LOL, Budokan!!

You just made my whole day. What show are you talking about, and where can I see it?

Oh and just to stay on topic, be aware of protecting your groin when training, whether or not it is a target. That should help for those of us that can't "massage" them into the "safe zone" ;) .

BTW, I had heard that people that do Golden Bell training are able to "pull them up" as well. Can anyone give more details about it?

Budokan
01-28-2002, 09:36 AM
I think this show was called "Way of the Warrior" and was supposed to be an examination of MA in general, but turned out to be just plain silly. It was on TLC or Discovery or something like that. Alas, I'm afraid that anyone who doesn't know beans about MA (and that's most of the population) might take some of these events as true examples...more's the pity.

DelicateSound
01-28-2002, 01:45 PM
About 2 years ago some bigass Mofo Judoka Ashi-Guruma'd me VIA the happy-sack. All me weight on them as he hauled me to the ground, then he went straight into groundwork.

I didn't fight, I just lay there.

For 45 minutes.

Until they were locking up.

It hurt. Badly.