PDA

View Full Version : Value of two-handed axes

jesper
01-28-2002, 08:12 AM
Just a little funny episode which happened to me this weekend.
I was driving back from a seminar on Vikings where I had been doing some show about different weapons they used, and how they used it when I get overturned by this madman, who nearly collided with a truck going the opposit way, so naturally I gave him a honk on the horn.
This fool stops at the next traffic light and steps out of the car, so in order not to get caught in a disadvantace I do the same. When he sees im not afraid he pulls out this hammer and starts gesturing in a treating manner and shouting at me, without stepping any closer though.
Well I get real ****ed and gets to the back of my car where I pull out my two-handed axe and starts playing with it.
He then quickly gets into his car and drives away.

KC Elbows
01-28-2002, 08:38 AM
This thread should be on the street reality section.:D

qeySuS
01-28-2002, 08:45 AM
Egill Skallagrímsson was THE man.

GLW
01-28-2002, 10:27 AM
You are SOOOO lucky.

In Texas, such a thing would have probably led to him reaching into his vehicle and pulling out a very real and very loaded gun.

Sam Wiley
01-28-2002, 11:01 AM
Well, he may reach for the gun, but if I've just pulled an axe on him, he's not going to get a chance to draw, let alone aim and fire it. I carry a sword in my car for just such an emergency. Of course, I also carry a gun, so I guess my argument is moot.:D

GLW
01-28-2002, 12:29 PM
a lot on the depends on the distance....

There are a lot of very good shots and quick at it here....luckily, most of the good ones are not the ones who draw ....but it is always a possiblity.

In such confrontations around here, there is always the ever present danger that the issue will become DEADLY serious.

Somehow, to me, there are just some things that I am not willing to kill or die for.....and a lot that I AM willing to LIVE for.