PDA

View Full Version : Child of a Dying Nation

Unloyal
12-10-2000, 07:43 PM
Greetings,

I thank all of you whom had the courtesy to read this. I would like to ask a question, what does one do when your master betrays you?
What do students who fight to remain loyal with their efforts to support and justify the actions of a teacher who neither appreciates nor cares about the sacrifices his students partake in?
Our teacher takes our money and throws hollow promises that are never fulfilled. The school is in crisis and will soon die, as the school and the students are faltering in loyalty with even our younger brothers and sisters, the children lacking in respect for our master.
Where does one find the strength to confront our teacher and help him put aside his stubborn ways.
The sacred skills he passes down from the motherland and generations of heroes are the only thing that keeps me by his side, but soon he will destroy himself without the aid of those that love him. Betrayed and hurt we are we are still his children and wish to only aid our father. Just thinking these things is improper to the martial code and publishing them is the act of an unloyal student, but a teacher who needlessly steals from his students dispite his skill lacks the three things that martial arts is about: self disipline, self control, and martial virtue. And if my disloyal act results in my martial death with the opportunity for the life of the next generation, then so be it...
So masters and students alike aid me in my quest and help this child of a dying nation. Please.

[This message was edited by Unloyal on 12-11-00 at 12:03 PM.]

Lucky Red
12-10-2000, 08:56 PM
Why do you Have loyality to A person like this?

is there a Reason?
You talk as if he has problems .you should Never
Justify Wrong Doings I know (It Brings you Nothing But sorrow) From My own Experience But Rather Accept It and Work on it if he has Problems Does he want help if not There is Nothing You can do .Can you Explain A little Better if He Steals and does Not Care About
your Well Being and Progress In the Arts
.is this SomeThing that has happened Recently

if you dont Want To Talk About it online
Send Me An Email and we can Discuss it there

"The frog in the Well does not Realizie The immensity of the sky"

Paul Skrypichayko
12-11-2000, 01:22 AM
I have been in a situation similar to this before. It's tough to leave a school or a master, especially if you've been there a long time and have positive connections there. The smartest thing I ever did though was to leave my old school and find my new masters.

Good luck, and I hope you find a good master.

Unloyal
12-11-2000, 06:56 AM
It is not my intention to leave. This is the style of kung fu I was ment to learn, and although my teacher is misguided and irresponcible he is a excellent martial arts teacher. Dispite the hardships I endure I will not leave, I pledged my loyality to him and I will not leave the school or him, what I ask is how can one confront their master about their mistakes?
Someone asked how can I stay loyal to someone like him. I guess my loyality was not so much to him but the next generation that I wish to create myself. I will endure only for that my style will live on to another stronger generation. I only ask for advise on how to survive this.

Lucky Red
12-11-2000, 04:35 PM
Endure My friend Endure Thats is the Only Way
If youre Going To Stay With Youre Teacher

if you cannot Help And Want to tRain With Him
This is the way

i Have Personal Experinece With People Who Act
Cruel Against Me (do not Want to come Any Closer to this Subject as it is My buisness) and the Best Way to just Stay sane is to just Endure until the Storms over

"The frog in the Well does not Realizie The immensity of the sky"

Kung Lek
12-11-2000, 05:44 PM
You say you are being stolen from.

what has been stolen from you? is it right for a father to steal from his child?

You are speaking in a way that shows you make the familial line in your lessons. Sounds like a fairly traditional viewpoint, which in my opinion is good, but you do not clarify, which in turn will lead to not getting a clear answer.

If you are being stolen from, find out why and offer that which is being stolen. afterall if someone wants something so bad as to steal it from you, then they must really need it bad so if they are a member of your "family" give it to them and there will not be the dynamic of stealing involved anymore.

It also sounds as if you are coming to a sort of an epiphany and you are casting away those perceptions htat you held when you began study and are starting to see things the way they really are.

Everybody has falabilities, it is human nature. Many of us who study martial arts have a bad habit of projecting upon our teachers and we hold to some mystic idea of what a master is.

Do you treat your automechanic in this fashion? He fixes your car and is a master of its parts and how they work...why not make that projection on your mechanic?

This is a problem that stems from within and strikes at our core beliefs and our need to know that we will be taken care of and everything will be alright under the guidance and protection of another.

well, sorry to say, but that rule only applies to the very young and the very old and the disabled.

You are in a truer sense in charge of your own destiny, a master is there tohelp you find your own strength, not to help his/her own sense of power because you are prone to being a lapdog.
Not that you are a lapdog, but many do hold to that mentality with their masters and teachers.

The master deserves your respect and loyalty for everything he/she has given you from their heart, but you do not owe them anything any more than they owe you. The relationship is of mutual respect, the old saying "to serve and to be served are threads in the same tapestry" holds true here.

without a student there is no teacher and without a teacher there are no students.

peace

Kung Lek

Falcor
12-12-2000, 02:02 AM
Well, it seems to me that if you are willing to stick around despite your misgivings about your teacher, then you are not Un-loyal as your handle states. You seem to be loyal beyond what many others would consider reasonable. But this is your choice. But your post was a little too vague - what exactly is your sifu doing that seems counter to what you believe a sifu should be doing? Is he witholding info for no good reason? Is he demanding money from you for contrived reasons? Or does he demand that you work at/for the school more so than what you deem fair? Are you a senior student, an intermediate, a beginner, a disciple? How long have you been with him, and are you satisfied/dissatisfied with your progress in the art? And if as you say, you wish to carry on the art, is he the only teacher that can teach you, or are there others who can help? If this is so important, is he the only one available in the area or do you live somewhere with a larger kung fu populatoin? By the way, just out of curiosity, what is the style you practice anyway? If you could enlighten us to some/all of these answers, then I think you may recieve more pertinent and useful advice.

...don't think you are, know you are...

Unloyal
12-12-2000, 05:31 AM
I fully understand the fact that my teacher is human. Sadly that is a fact that struck me hard and that I believe that all students must come to realise. I am not disatified with my progession in the art or knowledge given but rather all the efforts that my training brothers and sisters and myself give to the school that is not achnowledged. We give our time, money, and trust and our teacher still feels that we are not loyal enough. If I clarify further I will cause harm to my teacher, but the purpose of this post is what can I do to help show my teacher he is doing something wrong? How does a student who has no right to confront his teacher confront him? I feel it's wrong not to say anything but he will see it as a challange or confrontation. I wish I could be more clear but I know some of you understand that I can not.

HuangKaiVun
12-12-2000, 05:18 PM
Do what's good for YOU.

You can't change anyone - it's hard enough to change yourself.

kungfu cowboy
12-17-2000, 05:12 AM
If you INSIST on staying there, and are THAT MUCH into being loyal to someone that DOES NOT deserve it, and you WON'T explain, or DIRECTLY confront your teacher about it....then DONT *****!! :D

kungfu cowboy
12-17-2000, 05:14 AM
Hmmm...it appears that there is some censorship here! The word I intended rhymed with WITCH!

let me try something...**** **** **** noodle **** ******* turd

kungfu cowboy
12-17-2000, 05:18 AM
Gee, George Carlin sure wouldn't like it here! :D